Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Black Friday!

We've mostly avoided the stores today but did make a couple stops but no way did I help the economy today! I'm happy to say most of my shopping is done. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner and I'm looking forward to left overs tonight and tomorrow and probably for a while. Our guests left and only got to eat 1 meal. Oh well, no cookin' for me this weekend. Maybe we'll have time to put the tree up. We had 9 for Thanksgiving dinner, Mike's parents, and his sisters and brother in law; Tonya, Brian and Heather. It was so fun having them and Maddy and Jack wore them all out. Playing Cranium last night was sooo fun, I forgot how fun that game is. We miss them already and are grateful they made the trip to see us. Here are some pics from yesterday.






Kinzee, Mike, Brian and Tonya
Mike & I loved having someone to play and entertain the kids. Here is Brian building a train track for Jack.



Heather was captured all day by Maddy. They played everything but here's a photo of potato heads.


A good picture of Grampa smiling, watching Maddy.



Aunt Heather taking a break!


Grama even brought up a craft for us. She did a darling scrapbook page for her enrichment and I wanted 1 well 2, 1 for each kids book. So while "tom" was cooking we did the layout. So cute, I'll have to post a picture later when the pictures are on it.

Mike makes the rolls at our house and M& J love to help eat the dough and flour on the counter. Here's Jack helping Mike make rolls!





And finally the feast is here. We had: Cranberry Jello salad, Orange Candied Yams, Stuffing, Turkey, Rolls, Green Bean Casserol, Potatoes and Gravy. We were all very full. Maddy said that the rolls were her favortie part of dinner.
Here's 2 of the chef's preparing the dinner. Mike carving "tom" and Julie making gravy.

Eating dinner--notice no one is worried about the camera just fillin' up their plate!













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 is a little crazy at first! But I think we're getting the hang of it. We just take it minute by minute! Good Luck. You look great!

Laura said...

Looks like you guys had such a fun dinner and weekend. I heard you are sticking around for Christmas. That will be fun to be at your own home for Santa, etc. We will miss you though- it would be fun to see ya.