Three cheers for Mike and all his hard work getting Jack's dresser done. The dresser was originally Mike's great Aunts, probably 40 or 50 years old. It also has a matching long dresser with mirror and a night-stand, maybe one day I can talk Mike into doing those too. The project took 3 Saturdays. Lots of sanding (2 Saturdays) and then painting and then re-sanding and then re-painting.
He had to hand sand between the drawers too.
Jack's bed is cherry wood, so we bought a cherry wood stain and it really brought out the woods natural grains. So pretty!
Unfortunately, the stain went on rough, so Mike used steel wool to re-sand it again and then put a poly something coat on to make it shine and then new handles and tadaaa, here she is!
Jack was super excited because he thought he was also getting the TV that was in our room. Unfortunately that wasn't part of the deal and the TV won't work anyway after Feb 17th! Picture by Maddy. Thanks honey love ya!

7 comments:
Looks great!!! Good job.
Fabulous job Mike. I have a couple that I need to do that to as well. You busy?? LOL. Did you hear they extended the digital TV switch to June 12? Jack might be in luck after all, at least for a little while.
Awesome! We've had a dresser for 9 years that Greg's never gotten around to sanding down and refinishing. That is a TON of work - way to go Mike! Thank you both for saying hi to my dad yesterday. It was great to see you again.
Very impressive Mike! I think you deserve a big pat on the back for doing that "honey do"! The dresser looks awesome!!
Awesome job!! It is great to have a handy man around.
that is gorgeous!!
You guys are very nice. It was a big project (I don't think Makinzee realized how big it was when she asked), but it was actually sort of fun in a sadistic sense. I love how it turned out and would love to see the dresser and our "new to us" coffee table re-stained the same color... and I definitely have more than enough stain to do both of them.
Post a Comment