Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Take me out to the BALL game!

What a perfect FHE at the ball game. The weather was just right, not to hot and not to cold. The crowds were not overbearing and the company was fabulous. Mike planned a great night out with his family (although some had other plans and some always get sick to ruin fun outings.) BUT we had a great time with those that came and of course missed those that didn't.





I'll admit I wasn't too excited taking 3 kiddos. And the first inning was so long but Aunt Heather came to the rescue with snowcones!







And then they were gone and we started getting restless again. Lexi just didn't understand what was so fun watching this big open field that she couldn't run into.

Isaac, Heather, Julie and Brent. I told them to whine like the "people" in the previous picture did. Love the big smiles I got, except Heather....


Luckily we had some extra little treats that occupied us for a little bit.

Mom and Lexi had a great walk and found some yummy kettle corn that helped us last til the 7th inning stretch where we sang "take me out to the ball game!" The kids did great, Maddy even saw 2 home runs, I believe we saw at least 5. And the Bees won (or is it the Buzz-I forget) 7 to 6. Althought we were already on the road home. Thanks Mike for a great night out--I needed it!


6 comments:

staci said...

Cute, cute pics! Fun times at the ball game! Love that second to last pic of you & Lexi. You are stinkin' cute my friend!! :)

Seth and Julie said...

What a fun little outing. Reminds me of one more thing on my summer list that I didn't get to. I am still hesitant about taking three kids too, but it looks like it was a success. Everyone is all smiles.

Julie L said...

It was a very fun night! Our Bees aren't the greatest and are still just a farm team for, what, the Angels? Whoever they are. But they are the home team and we had a great time going out to the ballgame. I think the kids had a lot of fun, too. Thanks, Mike, for making it possible.

rosebud said...

I haven't been to one of those games for years! Glad you got to go. I can't believe how that little baby has grown!

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun! I loved going to baseball games when I was a kid.

Ann Marie said...

I'm grateful you had such a fun time! We did miss you lots at the movie though! :)

Darling pictures!