Thursday, April 28, 2011

Growing Up

Lexi has always been a binky girl. She took right to it when she first came home from the hospital and it has been nic-named bink. Life is usually good if bink is close by. Lexi was a late teether, I said I'd take away the bink when she got her teeth. Then I changed it to a New Year's Resolution (for mom not for her). Okay, let's keep it til we go to Florida for the peace of mind on the airplane for 4 hours. And yep, I just kept pushing it back and back. I even carried a secret one in my purse or pocket just for those moments where I needed her to have a bink more then she needed it.

Maddy giving Lexi the bink at 3 days old.

Easter 2010, Lexi was not happy about the picture and was content when bink was found.





Summer 2010





June 2010






We even had binks with strings attached so we wouldn't loose them. September 2010





And waking up is hard to do, on Christmas morning bink was a must have even with all the gifts.


About 2 or 3 weeks ago, Lexi woke up at 6am crying because bink was on the floor. I went to her room and picked it up and she went right back to sleep although now I was awake. So when she woke up, I took scissors to it and said bink broke. That's what we did with Maddy 6 years ago and she said "ok and threw it away" no tears, no worries and went to bed fine that night. BUT not Lex, she cried and cried and cried. Nap time came and she cried and cried some more. Oh my, what did I do. BUT I was strong and didn't give her the hidden bink even though at night she cried and cried and said bink brok over and over again.





The first night was rough but manageable because she was tired. Although, the next day she wouldn't take a nap. It didn't take long when she was awoke to figure out at 25 months that she could climb out of the crib. So down came the crib wall.





I was worried about nap time, so far so good she stays in bed. Lexi cries are calls out "mommy" when she wakes up and wants me to come and get her. Her big bed is in the basement waiting for mom and dad to be ready for their baby girl to stop growing up.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Darling Easter pictures, it looks like you had a great time!! Oh Lexi is getting so big...no bink and a big(ish) girls bed!! It happens too fast. Way to hold strong. :) And I get Truvia at the grocery store by the other sugar substitutes, it is great stuff! Go make some limeaid!! It's like a breath of summer!

Julie L said...

I'm guessing the first Easter pictures were from '09 rather than '10. She is growing up too fast. I have to give you lots of credit for being strong. I am such a cave in. She'll probably stay healthier without all the germs binkies seem to breed for older children (when they get old enough to find it and pop it in their mouth without waiting for it to be washed) and it will definitely be better for her teeth.

The bed is darling without the front. I didn't know the new cribs can do that. It's a wonderful idea!