Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Birth Story

Friday, March 30, 2012
  • 7:30 am arrive at hospital
  • 8:30 am Dr Nippert arrives and checks me Dilated toa  4 and 60 % effaced
    • (miracles do come to those who wait apparently)
  • break my water, start the pit
  • 10:00 am starting to feel contractions and order the epidural
  • 10:45 Epidural kicked in just as the contractions started to get heavier
    • Benji was fantastic. No pain. No sticking me twice with that needle. Awesome
  • Dilated to a  6 (I'm thinking geez this is taking forever but patiently waiting. Here I am relaxed and ready to go)


  • 12:00 pm Amber the nurse checked me and said. "You are a 5" I said, what? "She said just kidding, you are a 10. Let's call the doctor!"
  • 12:45 pm Dr Nippert arrived. The nurses seemed to be a little short-handed or crazy at that moment. Dr Nippert said they are like chickens with their heads cut off. 4 births at the hospital in 4 different rooms within 6 minutes of each other. Dr Nippert said, all that really matters is that I'm here and so are you. Let's get this show on the road.
  • 1:01 pm all set up and I started to push. 5 big pushes and her head crowned. Dark black hair! Mike got woosy and sat down, waited for a contraction to come for one last push.
  • 1:04 pm Out she comes. Not just the head, her whole body too. Apparently the cord was wrapped around her neck twice, Mike said Dr Nippert was so efficient she had it off in seconds.


Here she is: 7 lbs 14 oz and 19.5 inches long


The baby surprised us with black hair and dark eyes. We weren't sure if the name we had chosen matched her. For 2 days, we had a nameless baby.

Maddy and Jack and Grampa arrived and patiently waited for me to be taken to my room. They were so excited to see their new baby sister. No Grama and Lexi...Lexi threw up that morning and the two of them stayed home and played. Thanks Tif for cleaning up vomit and taking care of my baby!


Grampa dropped of M&J at Bridget's house to play for the evening and my dad headed to BYU for an alumni event. Thanks Dad for taking the kids wherever they needed to be.
Alex & baby. Mike didn't get a picture of her cute belly. Alex is 8 weeks out for having a baby. Yay for cousins. Here's Jake checking out the baby... still no name yet.

Finally got a bath and a cute pink bow put in her hair. Check out my double chin!!
She wasn't too happy with more pictures.


And later that evening we had more visitors and dinner and dessert. Thanks for the chocolate and vanilla shakes! Here's Great Grandma Loveridge.

Grandpa Loveridge

Grandma Loveridge
And Great Grandpa Loveridge

And a picture with mom and dad.
Saturday morning, Mike brought the kids over again to see their sister. Lexi was so excited to meet her lil sis.
And Maddy loves to hold her.
And we attempted to capture a wonderful family first photo and this is what we got. Oh well, all that matters is that we are all in it!

I decided to stay 2 nights at the Hospital to try and get some extra sleep. Didn't really help. The nurse that night was either too busy for me or didn't remember I kept asking her for things. I did get a little sleep but was ready to come home on Sunday. Mike's parents brought dinner and sat with the kids while Mike picked me and the baby up. Still no name. BUT I had to have a name before leaving the hospital. Nothing still felt inspired. That morning Mike and I were texting each other back and forth, he was asking the kids what they thought of this name. Lexi was always persistent that her name was Lilly. She said it was her favorite. So I wrote down Lillian Margaret. At least 1 of us knew what this baby's name should be.

Madison Brooke - Brooke is my mom's name (Maddy's grandma)
Jack Michael -  Jack is from Grandpa Price (although his name was John but went by Jack) and Michael is obviously from his father
Alexis Mae - Mae is from great great grandma Hansen (Bertha Mae)
Lillian Margaret -  Lilly's great great grandma Loveridge was Olive Lillian.
Margaret is also a family name. It is Lilly's great grandma Perri (my mom's mom). I really wanted the baby to be called Maggie and maybe that's why I had such a struggle with her name but Maddy and Maggie are way too close. So we used Margaret as a middle name instead.

Each of our children have a name from each side of our family. That is why Ava, Rylee, Olivia, Brooklyn, Katelyn & many others were voted out...we needed a name from the Loveridge family.

5 days later, I'm happy to announce I remember to call her Lilly instead of Lexi and feel that we choose the right name. Or I should say, I chose the right name, because Mike said it was my decision.

11 comments:

Coco said...

She is gorgeous! Congratulations!!! :) And I LOVE the name Lillian!!!

Unknown said...

She is such a beauty. You are so organized to already have recorded her birth. I love that Lexi knew her name for sure!

Seth and Julie said...

Congrats! She looks so different than your other babies but equally adorable. So happy that everything went well. I also like Maggie but you are right...it is a bit close to Maddy. Lillian Margaret is perfect...the name and the baby.

Ann Marie said...

Soo fun reading your story. I still can't believe how good you look after giving birth.

She is a Beauty.. and I'm sure will look like her Mama.

I love her pretty name.. and didn't know that all of your kids had an ancestor name with them. That is my favorite -- you know.

I love all of the pictures.. and can see the excitement in Lexi's face! Too cute!

Stephanie said...

Amazing is what you are....already have blogged the birth story! Loved reading it- you are one speedy lady when it comes to delivering babes. I absolutely love the picture of Lexi holding Lilly-she is the perfect big sister, her face says it all! Lilly is beautiful--we love her!

Julie L said...

It was so fun reading this post. And seeing the pictures. never really got to find out about the actual delivery process. Sorry about those Loveridge/Hansen woozy genes. Mike comes by them rightfully.

Lilly is beautiful and I love the name. But I love Maggie, too. And Maggie/Maddy isn't really much different from Lexi/Lilly.

You are an amazing woman.

Sarah E. said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to tell Olive (We named her after Great g-ma Olive Lillian)that she has another cousin who shares a name from G-ma Olive! Beautiful family! Congratulations!

staci said...

So fun! I love that you blogged about this already! Good job! Gotta get it all down while it's still fresh! She's a beautiful baby! Congrats to you guys again! I love that Lexi knew her name too. When we were trying to figure out Brooke's name it was between Brooke & Ashley and Tyler always told me her name was Brooke. I really think these kids know more than we think they know! So fun for your family! :) xoxo

Cam said...

I think women are their most beautiful after giving birth-- and you are no exception! Pretty mommy and baby- congratulations! She is perfect and we're so excited for your family.
Send the big kiddies over when you need a nap. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you out-- take it easy and enjoy that precious little one.

The Hobbs Family said...

You are so efficient to have your blog updated with a new baby!! I am impressed. Loved the story...glad things worked out. Your family is darling and Miss Lilly is no exception. xoxo

Michelle Price said...

She's beautiful-congrats!