My heart always gets worried when the caller ID on my phone says the elementary schools name. I was especially worried because school hadn't even started yet. It was Maddy asking me to bring her new tights because her tights were bloody from falling. The little girls were still sleeping so I said I'd be over soon. Thank you Camille for watching the little girls so I could go without 2 extras.
When I saw Maddy, my heart dropped. Her face was red from crying and a big road rash ran down her face and on her forehead. She had bandages on her wrist and a big one on her knee. Even her teacher gave me a look like "I know the poor thing." She said she tripped running. I got her all fixed up and told her to call if she didn't feel well. She was limping and her wrist was swollen. She did call after lunch.
This picture was taken 2 days later. It looks so much better.
She still wobbles when she walks but is doing so much better.
Today I was in the bathroom and just finished blow drying my hair when Lexi ran up with my phone and once again I missed a call from the school. I heard "Is that Mrs Loveridge?" Jack hit the pole playing tether ball and his thumb is very swollen and looks broken. I was thankful it wasn't Maddy but worried I didn't know anything about broken bones! I phoned the Dr and got an appointment later that afternoon.
It's hard to see in the pictures but his thumb is swollen. He really wanted an x-ray. He really wanted a cast and he would have hated every minute of it! The Dr said it was probably just bruised and if I would like to get an x-ray we could or we still can in a day or two if its bothering him but the way he was using his hand didn't look like it was fractured.
I talked him into an ice cream cone instead of an x-ray! We came home and worked on a school project and then he asked if he could play with Mason! Yep, I think we made the right decision. I probably didn't need to go to the Dr but I am glad we did anyway.
We've had 3 sick visits in 2013 already. I'm counting my many blessings. It could be much worse. I'm counting each visit as a blessing. I'm grateful we have health insurance and good health insurance. I'm thankful the office staff at the school is so helpful and comforted both kids this week. I'm thankful for great friends who have helped me this week. I'm grateful for Heavenly Father who is watching out for me. I'm especially thankful for my many blessings.
4 comments:
Stressful, sorry. A phone call from a school can be so worrisome. I am glad it isn't broken, now that is no fun! Hopefully, no calls for a LONG time!
Oh, man, I didn't know. Where's my grandmommy meter????? Glad neither were worse, but what no fun activities for the two of them. Give them hugs from me and let them know I care!
Ouch and Ouch! I also panic when I see the school on the caller ID but usually it is just a call to tell me that one of the kids forgot their lunch or viola. Two injuries back to back is awful, but thankfully neither of them were worse. Happy Healing!
Poor Madi. What a trooper- still went to school and everything!
Post a Comment