We changed that last weekend. It started with an invite from Tifani to spend the night at Snowbird using the Buehner's end of their stay. They had 3 rooms and invited us to use them. We invited a couple friends but it was late notice and so Mike and I enjoyed an overnight get away just the two of us.
BY THE WAY Utah slopes need some snow!If you look close you can see the bare mountain and being up here made me miss skiing. I haven't been in over 10 years.
Special thanks to my parents for watching the kids on THEIR 10 year anniversary. I felt terrible when I put the dates together but they insisted. Kids enjoyed dinner at Abs and watching a movie. It's not often Grampa watches animated movies, in fact never, so they were all in for a real treat! They watched Despicable Me 1. G&G went to work early Friday morning and left the kids to enjoy cereal with Maddy watching everyone. She's an amazing girl, had breakfast and was enjoying a book in the morning when we got home.
Kids didn't have school Friday, Mike took the day off so we decided a minute too late to get on the Front-runner and head to the Ogden Tree-house, we literally just missed the Front-runner, we pulled up in the parking lot just as it did. The next one didn't come for an hour. Instead we decided to cash in on the kids reflection prize at Classic Fun Center. We bought 4 passes and Mike and I split the pass, the other person not chasing Lilly got to sit and enjoy a minute of fun. Probably only really only needed to buy 3 oh well.
We stayed all day (10-4), enjoyed lunch and wore everyone out! Including Lilly who finally took a nap while Mom skated the rink. I forgot how much fun roller skating is, Maddy is getting good and Jack has finally figured out the moves also.
We each had 10 tokens to spend at the arcade. Jack was made his were gone fast. He loves to get on the ground at the arcade and look under the machines, he usually finds tickets and tokens. Lilly didn't like the rides to move, she got terrified when the helicopter started moving.
Special thanks to my parents for watching the kids on THEIR 10 year anniversary. I felt terrible when I put the dates together but they insisted. Kids enjoyed dinner at Abs and watching a movie. It's not often Grampa watches animated movies, in fact never, so they were all in for a real treat! They watched Despicable Me 1. G&G went to work early Friday morning and left the kids to enjoy cereal with Maddy watching everyone. She's an amazing girl, had breakfast and was enjoying a book in the morning when we got home.
Kids didn't have school Friday, Mike took the day off so we decided a minute too late to get on the Front-runner and head to the Ogden Tree-house, we literally just missed the Front-runner, we pulled up in the parking lot just as it did. The next one didn't come for an hour. Instead we decided to cash in on the kids reflection prize at Classic Fun Center. We bought 4 passes and Mike and I split the pass, the other person not chasing Lilly got to sit and enjoy a minute of fun. Probably only really only needed to buy 3 oh well.
We stayed all day (10-4), enjoyed lunch and wore everyone out! Including Lilly who finally took a nap while Mom skated the rink. I forgot how much fun roller skating is, Maddy is getting good and Jack has finally figured out the moves also.
Lilly found a little slide that she did a couple dozen times. They also have a huge maze the kids can climb and bounce houses. She didn't like those, she was content to just wander. She did like the automatic open and close doors at the entrance. She was good and also enjoyed her day.
We each had 10 tokens to spend at the arcade. Jack was made his were gone fast. He loves to get on the ground at the arcade and look under the machines, he usually finds tickets and tokens. Lilly didn't like the rides to move, she got terrified when the helicopter started moving.
Lexi loved the foam pit. It was at the top of a bounce house, you jump into a pit of foam and then fish your way to the exit. Jack loved the foam pit too. We even got a bounce back pass but it has to be used Mon-Fri, I'm thinking I'll pull the kids out of school for an hour or so next Friday and enjoy a bounce back at Classic Fun Center. It's been years since we've been, I and the kids forgot how much fun it was! And it's not very far from our house.
We are at the tail end of basketball season. I'm a terrible coach, but enjoy coaching and playing and no one really cares if I can coach or not at this age. Jack is a fast runner, he isn't afraid of anything and has a glide to his layup that I just love watching. Maddy's team is timid, can be aggressive but usually are found being the nice guys. I love when our team scores, the whole team jumps in the air and is so excited! I need to get some pictures!
Mike enjoyed Klondike camp out last weekend. He is up for Snow caves in 5 weeks. He is enjoying a new shift of boys. I complain its a lot of work, but he loves it and I support it even if I grip. His work is doing great, they meet their goals last year/quarter which he's hoping will provide a good bonus. Hmmm, the possibilities! I have basement finishing goals on my mind but lots of other projects. Mike's list is ongoing. He's a great handy-man, he says that scouts taught him what he knows, so I guess scouts does pay off!
Madison is the VIP this week at school. She just finished her first report of the year on Arctic Lemmings. She is doing well at piano and basketball and tumbling and wants to play softball as soon as basketball is over. It's going to be a busy spring! She brought home a preview of her report card-this girl is amazing!
Jack is enjoying his new 3DS, in addition to a put together mechanic toy from Grandma Loveridge. His mind is always thinking. He is a great student also. And Finally has started enjoying to read!
Lexi loves preschool. She is learning also. I'm so impressed when we drive down the road and she sees letters she recognizes. She even read me the letters on the cereal box this morning. Hopefully we will know today our fate for school with a district meeting tonight.
Lilly has hit the terrible two's. She is sweet one minute and having a tantrum the second and into anything and everything. I washed her blanket and kitty yesterday and I'm not sure I'll do it again, it was torture for both of us! She is learning and speaking more. She finally says Lexi's name and repeats everything. She still loves iPad and deleted a kid app on my phone so I deleted the rest of the kids games. It's mine now!
I found some cute Valentine decorations and got a group together to host a craft night. I love doing this and adding to my home. It makes me happy! On Sunday, I announced to the kids new rules. While I love a clean home, I also see the need to be free some days. Sunday Sloppy day is one day of the week where the beds don't have to be made and it's okay but if the kids want to play after school they have to have done their chores in the morning before school or the answer is no. I've also realized that having a home means it will have that lived in look. The kids know that once a week we will pick up the loft and clean the rooms a little better and maybe the bathrooms. And I think this will work! That and I have great kids that are always willing to help in addition to a wonderful husband who is willing to roll up his sleeves and get the job done. Life is GOOD!









2 comments:
If it makes you feel better, it looks like you have done a lot more than we have in January. And I hope this doesn't sound creepy, but you have really gorgeous eyes. I love that pic of you and Maddy.
Ohhhh, tell Maddy TERRIFIC job on her poster! Love using the letters of her name to describe herself!
I sure hope that isn't blood all over Lilly's eye! Did she find some lipstick or jelly?
You've had a very busy month and even came out of it with a few photos. Thank heavens for phone cameras, huh?
Post a Comment