So I decided to accept the Charter School. But after finishing the first application, (Lexi's application) I felt awful and decided it wasn't the right fit for our family. Well and Mike told me, "Kenz, chose Terra Linda, you'll be happier and so will the kids." SO, I feel a lot better, decision made! The Charter school will be amazing and my kids would have done well and made new friends and we would have survived the commute time but in the end I just felt we needed to be closer to home, by our neighbors and be free to not have uniforms (that was killing me---they are so ugly).
I know I made the right decision. Just waiting for the district to make there decision permanently now so I can also move on with my life. After all, it is just Elementary School! Much more bigger and better things to worry about that this.
In other news, look what I found in the washing machine today. I was out in the garage picking up something and decide to wash some coats that haven't been worn in a while. I just threw them in. Didn't even think twice about checking the pockets. Look what I found! And to my surprise, it was Lexi's rock! Months later I remember her putting it in her pocket.
Lilly is also into undressing herself lately. Last week she climbed out of her bed but luckily it was a one day phase. I'm praying she stays in her crib forever!
Last week at school the letter in preschool was D. Lexi came home with paper domino's. She was so excited when I pulled out the "real" domino's and we played all afternoon.
Her preschool has been wonderful, Mrs. Shepherd has been great. I guess I didn't need to worry switching her last year to a preschool she'd be going to Elementary school with, with the new boundary changes she won't be going to school with those kids anyway! So frustrating!
On a side note, Mrs. Shepherd called me last Thursday and told me she over heard Lexi telling a friend that she had bubble gum in her backpack that she stole from the store. When she got home, I looked in her backpack and yep it wasn't any gum I had seen before. Lexi told me she stole it. We went back to the store and spoke with a manager. We told her we were sorry and wanted to pay for the gum. Lexi was in tears. After she paid for the gum, the clerk said "now don't you feel better" I sure did! 3rd child you are challenging more than #1 and 2 did.



3 comments:
The gum incident is so funny. I'm glad she got caught, though. Better now with gum than later with something more valuable. You're a wonderful mother.
Whew! What a challenge with the schools. They really will do well anywhere they go, but I think staying with their neighbors, especially ones who are as great as yours, is always a good thing.
Well dang it, I missed all the school drama and didn't get to weigh in but I am so glad you did the work and received a confirmation. I never thought schooling would present so many challenges. I always just went to whatever school was assigned to my neighborhood but Charter Schools have opened new doors and Wisconsin has open enrollment too, so you can send your kids anywhere you want and it honestly just makes things more complicated sometimes. I was so sad to not get in to a Charter last year but my two younger kids have done great at the Public School this year and the school changed the things I was unhappy with last year. Alyssa had to take another route and stay home this year but that also turned out to be the perfect choice. So now I am trying to decide whether or not to apply to Charter Schools again this year and it is causing me headaches so I am thinking we may just stay where we're at.
I love the gum story. My third child came along and turned everything I thought about parenting upside down too. I stopped there because I wasn't sure I was even ready to find out what a 4th one would bring. At least Lexi admitted it. I think Chloe would have made something up.
What an emotional roller-coaster these boundary changes have been! I really hope we know the board's final decision tomorrow. Deciding what school to send your kids to is a very personal decision between your immediate family and Heavenly Father. I am just glad I felt at peace before going on our trip- agonizing over it any longer would have ruined a beautiful week. But I'll admit I'm glad our kids will be at the same school. Such an unfair situation for our neighborhood, but at least our kids will all have each other to help with the changes. Wherever we officially end up, I know we'll make the most of it!
P.S. Love rocks in the washer and kid mischief- they sure keep us on our toes!
Post a Comment