It's that time of year that I always get the itch for family pictures. I've used lots of great photographers in the past and captured good and not so good memories. Each picture session comes with it's own challenges: finding clothes that mesh well, locations, price, children, smiles, happiness, tears and 2 year olds!
Julie has been begging us to let her capture our family photos for years. I know she takes wonderful photos just didn't really know if she was serious--we are quite the handful and pictures can be stressful. BUT she insisted she knew who and what she was getting into--after all we are related!! I wanted something casual and close to home and didn't' want to break the bank paying for clothes or for a photographer. The kids borrowed clothes, wore hand me downs, back to school clothes and we pulled it off! Or I should say they did! And my older kids--they were wonderful to cooperate and smile when the little one wasn't!
Lilly was terrible! If only the 2 year old would cooperate for the pictures I wanted! Yep, been there done that! She didn't want her picture taken, but our wonderful photographerS (I say 2 because Julie & Brent both came with cameras and tripods in tow) to take our pictures wiggeled her into some smiles and captured her personality. AND they got more than I was wanting. I really just wanted a Christmas card to send out but instead I got priceless memories and pictures and LOVE the results. Julie is amazing at photo-shop~there use to be an ugly chain link construction fence in the picture. And to my worry they got Lilly even though she was being a little pill!
This one
has her hands floating in it but I love it also. I love the details from head to foot!
Maddy is pretty easy to capture in picture. Love these both. I guess Jack took the above picture with Grandpa's camera. Love it also.
Handsome Jack. He is growing and only has basketball shorts and t shirts in his wardrobe--luckily his best bud Ryan's mom has collared shirts and we were able to pull off this look. Love the flip flops too and that Jack-o-lantern smile!
I curled Lexi's hair but it doesn't show but it is what it is--it's usually in her face anyways! Her poor skinny jeans are baggy--skinny girl problems--I wouldn't know that feeling! AND her shoes. She calls them her tap shoes, they really go with her Elsa dress but just fit her personality. She loves to wear them anywhere she can. Just love her hand on her hip! She is sassy and sweet and so much fun all in one!
And Miss Lilly. Grandma met us at the lake the day before and Lilly smiled and posed for pictures. But the day of pictures she didn't want her picture taken. I was worried we didn't have any--and trust me we have lots that she isn't looking or smiling or her hands are in the way, but they also captured LOTS of Silly Lilly!
Thank you Julie and Brent for your time and effort and your talent--countless hours I know working and editing the pictures. It's a hard job and I appreciate all you do to make these pictures so wonderful! I have them in my entry way already and love the bright colors and especially the people! I even ordered some Christmas cards this week-Shutterfly was giving 10 free cards out. I'll take any discount I can get!












1 comment:
I would have her take them every year- she did a great job!
Post a Comment