Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Halloween 2014













Our monthly pass to Cornbellys has come to a close. I loved the theme from the Wizard of Oz celebrating its 50th anniversary. We definitely got our money worth this year. The weather has been perfect, we did have some chilly nights but the kids move so much it's easy to stay warm. Saw Mrs. Wilson there and played with lots of cousins and friends. It was worth it!!
Before hitting Cornbellys we celebrated with Grandma & Grandpa Loveridge at their wards think or treat w cousins. We snapped this picture with the cousins. 

The next night Mike and I hosted our annual Halloween party. Not sure how we got on charge of the party but have been told by several friends they expect it every year so I guess it'll be on again next year. 

We dressed as a vampire and witch. 

And as always our friends go above and beyond on there costumes. We missed those that couldn't come.
cowboys
 Zombies
 Leah and Hans or Luke--I stink at Star Wars--never seen it!!
 Jess had her whole family themed this year! She made her dress, yodas and Luke's. And has the perfect hair for the costume--yep its all hers!
Lumber Jack and Jill
 Kami was a disco ball--it was amazing!
 Crazy Cat Lady
 Pirates
 Little Red Riding Hood and her Lumber Jack

We enjoyed lots of tricks and treats as the month progressed. Can't believe that Halloween has come and gone.
 
 
Halloween morning we/ I  managed to make it on time to school and everyone was all dressed up in their Halloweens finest. 

Lilly and I waited in the gym for the annual parade to start. We choose a cowgirl for Lilly  because It was everyday clothes--she isn't a fan of dressing up! She even wore the hat most of the day which I was very surprised. I bought "Anna" from FroZen but couldn't get her to wear it so we went with something simple. Of course this girl pulled it off!! 


Lexi is Elsa from Frozen! She had 8 out of 23 kids in her Kindergarten class were Elsa. I overheard someone counted the entire school and we had over 40, Maddy even had a boy in her class be Elsa. Lexi was among the most popular costume of the year for sure! She looked gorgeous. Later we pulled out the fancy hair--the morning I didn't have time.

I helped a little in Maddy's Halloween party--jack's was the same time and they were short a parent. Maddy and her friends posed for a picture.

She looks silly because she is saying "moo" while not smiling. LOL.

This is Jack's party. They wrapped Mr. Lovell up as the mummy! He is such a good sport and an amazing teacher. Jack and I just love him. I go volunteer every week and help with reading groups and kids who are struggling on their multiplication skills. He works hard to keep everyone learning.

Jack and his monster donut. I helped with these in Lexi's class also. Forgot to get a picture of them in Kindergarten.


And then some extra pictures from Halloween.
This is Layla and Lexi--both Elsa!
 Our ward pulled a first and did a Trunk or Treat this year. BUT it was on Halloween. Kara worked hard and got the time pulled up and we were able to enjoy extra candy--which came in handy because the 100 pieces I bought for our trick or treaters ran out. I believe we had about 150 kids this year.
 And one more picture of the kids at the Trunk or Treat. Now Lexi is wearing Elsa hair. Last minute I cut the top of the wig off and tied the long braid to her pony. She is already missing the tiara we made for her and the night hasn't even begun. She was tickled pink with her long hair. We are currently growing out her own hair to be as long as Elsa's, I am about ready to chop it however!  She did almost get hit by a car also when she was running back and forth across the street. Scary!
 Cute Cow Girl Don't mind the dress tucked into her skirt--she got the shirt dirty earlier in the day and later we dropped the skirt and just wore the striped dress
 
 Bessie the cow
 And the kids all dressed up

 Jack the Ghost


We have also been busy in the basement. I've been terrible at taking pictures of the going up part. Here is the painting all done. Mike is putting in all the lights and outlet boxes this week. After Vegas  Ragnar this weekend he will start the trim and doors. We are getting close!



And that's a wrap!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a very fun holiday for you. I am so "shocked" that Lexi wanted to be Elsa. Surprising... OK, not really. Thanks for sharing the pictures, it helps me feel a little closer to home. And it is Han Solo. I can't believe my Brother hasn't made you watch that series with him!

Julie L said...

Oh how I wish we could have seen you Halloween night and only one very partial evening with you at Corn Bellies left me feeling definitely cheated! But was really grateful to have you join us for the Ward Party the week before. Good luck to Mike for this weekend. Will be anxious to hear all about it and really wishing we could be there to celebrate at the end.

Julie L said...

By the way, everyone looks terrific! Great job, Mom, pulling off another Halloween! Lilly cracks me up - especially the pix of her with you and Mike in costume for your party.

Cam said...

Halloween is the best! We love your party and look forward to it every year.
I haven't seen Star Wars either. Kevin tried to make me watch it while we were dating, and we just ended up kissing during the movie instead- lol.
Thanks to Mike for taking the girls for another round of trick-or-treating. Their bags were heavy with all of their candy, and they didn't want to give it up to the "family" bowl this year (I knew the day would come...)