Monday, December 1, 2014

Thankful Thinking Part 3

21.  Date night. Mike and I snuck away to mocking jay tonight and enjoyed dinner at The Habit before. We went with 4 other couples. It was just the night out I needed. 

22.
Love the little note Jack wrote on my grocery list. I'll have to see if I can find a brother on sale while shopping this holiday season! If only I could give him a brother, my insanity level would not be able to handle it. Love all 4 of my kids to pieces!! 
23. 
Family night at the Jazz game. Maddy and Jack are playing Jr. Jazz and receive 2 tickets along with 8 games. We decided to take the whole family and then got to be with friends in a suite! Too bad the Jazz lost but had a great night. 

24.  Sunday dinners with family. It was my turn to host dinner although it's not really hosting when Julie does all the cooking and I just provide the place. Today starts family week-thanksgiving is 4 days away!! So grateful to reflect on everything I'm thankful for ESP at this time of year. 

I snapped random pictures at dinner tonight. We were able to enjoy roast and potatoes and rolls with Dan-he misses these Sunday dinners the most back East!

I love the loudness of cousins playing and how excited they are to spend the evening together. Thank you Julie for providing the glue aka meat to get us together so often!! 


25. Today I'm thankful for good health. I often say a grateful prayer that I am still here.  I had my annual pap today. My Dr. recommended I get another mammogram with my mother dying so young (it's been 6 years) it hit me how thankful I am to still be here raising these precious little ones. As I age I'll always be thankful for the extra years I got with my little kids. Let them be little! 

26. Music. I'm thankful for the music I hear from Madison when she plays the piano, the radio that provides background when I drive and now Christmas music- it's been on the radio since Halloween-it's the most magical time of the year! 

27. Food glorious food! I'm thankful to have a pantry full of food, stores to shop at, and holidays where we gather round and give thanks for all that we have. this is a little of our thanksgiving feast.




28. I'm thankful for my children's prayers. They teach me, they humble me, they make me want to be better and to be more thankful. At the beginning of the month I challenged the kids and myself To say 5 things they we're thankful for before asking for blessings. At first it was a struggle and now they list dozens. They have taught me to be grateful for things big and small. 

29.
 Thankful that families are forever. We attended Grandma Red's funeral today. 






30.  I'm thankful for good health. Poor Mike caught a Dans cold and spent the day in bed. We came home from church and he had made top ramen and grilled cheese sandwiches for us. While a cold isn't fun I will take that a day over a million other things. I'm grateful to recollect on all that I am thankful for this month. I count my blessings everyday for all that I have; I truly have been given much. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots to be thankful for without a doubt. Sorry to hear Mike ended up with that nasty head cold. I really didn't want to share it with anyone.

Seth and Julie said...

Did you like Mockingjay? I fell asleep and I am not sure if it was because I didn't like it or because it was the first time I had sat down in 3 months. Such a good cast but not a lot of love for that last book so we'll see if they can finish the movies out strong.

I love Jack's addition to the grocery list. Too funny! I have a little guy who has that same request and I feel bad that I couldn't help him out with that but yeah, that ship has sailed. Maybe Jack and Alex can pretend to be long distance brothers and then they wouldn't feel so deprived.

Also, just a nit picky correction. Dan may live East of you but this is not the East...it's the Midwest. Sorry, had to throw in some Midwestern pride ;)

You guys had a million different flavors of pie! We only had pumpkin and apple and now I am wondering what all those fun flavors are.

Cam said...

Loved reading your thankful posts-we are abundantly blessed. Happy Thanksgiving!