Hoorray canning season is officially over (for me at least)!! We are hopefully stocked for the winter: green beans, beets, cucumber chips, stewed tomoatoes, salsa, applesauce, peaches, pears, plum juice and jam, apricot jam and spaghetti sauce.
It looks so pretty. I love all the different colors and variety. I just ordered a pressure cooker and am going to try canning pinto beans and turkey to add protein to our storage. Wish me luck...
Woman, YOU ROCK! I'm only doing peaches (done!) and applesauce this year. I was hoping to get enough tomatoes to do lots of sauce, but our tomato harvest has been really sad this year. Looks great Mama! Oh, and about the pumpkin bread...I'll post the recipe on my blog this week and I used canned pumpkin. However, I am going to get a screen for my applesauce maker thingie for pumpkins so next year I can do my own pumpkin. YIPEE!
You go! That is a TON of food. If the economy gets really bad, I'll know where to come :). The pictures of Jack are adorable. It reminds me of some I have of Ethan at that age doing the same thing. Ah, how time flies. Hope you're still happy and healthy!
5 comments:
Wow..you have been a canning machine. That's awesome! I've only done peaches and that was a lot of work :)
It looks so pretty. I love all the different colors and variety. I just ordered a pressure cooker and am going to try canning pinto beans and turkey to add protein to our storage. Wish me luck...
Woman, YOU ROCK! I'm only doing peaches (done!) and applesauce this year. I was hoping to get enough tomatoes to do lots of sauce, but our tomato harvest has been really sad this year. Looks great Mama!
Oh, and about the pumpkin bread...I'll post the recipe on my blog this week and I used canned pumpkin. However, I am going to get a screen for my applesauce maker thingie for pumpkins so next year I can do my own pumpkin. YIPEE!
You go! That is a TON of food. If the economy gets really bad, I'll know where to come :). The pictures of Jack are adorable. It reminds me of some I have of Ethan at that age doing the same thing. Ah, how time flies. Hope you're still happy and healthy!
Wow! I'm impressed. I need a lesson, and some produce I guess:)
Post a Comment