Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Birthday!




Christmas is always filled with presents and 3 days later followed by my birthday. This year was so much more peaceful then last year. I guess being in my 30's is better then turning 30. I really struggled with that number last year. And now I'm enjoying my age. Life is great. Mike was very patient and willing to make anything I wanted for my birthday cake. We've had so many sweets around I wasn't sure what I wanted but coconut cream pie sounded good--must be the pregnancy hormones talking. I had a recipe from Grama Maggie but all it listed were the ingredients. Mike patiently let me talk him through the process of making my birthday pie. He did everything from scratch, the crust, the pudding and the cream filling along with toasting the coconut on top. It was delicious! Thanks Maddy & Jack for not throwing up like last year, Thanks Mike for spoilin' me and Thanks Mom and Dad for creating me!

8 comments:

staci said...

Happy Happy Birthday you cute girl! Glad that this birthday wasn't as "painful" as last year's! You might have the nicest husband ever too, to make you a pie from SCRATCH! WOW is all I have to say. Kudos Mike! :)

Penny said...

Happy Belated Birthday! One day I'll be a good friend and remember on the day of! Looks like you guys are having fun! Love ya babe!

amanda said...

Happy Birthday!! How nice of Mike to go to all that effort. I would have given up on the pie crust itself!! Looks like you guys had a fantastic Christmas. Nice Pants. that is great that you were able to make them all on your own! I still need to get with you on the Mary Kay. It has been a little crazy!

Studio Location said...

You look good. Do you feel better than earlier in this pregnancy? I am still reeling over your comment about being too old to be pregnant since I am almost your exact same age! Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I've been thinking of you. I couldn't figure out how to comment on the last post but holy cow... when did Maddi all of the sudden grow up SO MUCH!

Here's to the year of new additions to families :).

Sally said...

Wow- what a great guy. A coconut cream pie sounds delicious - nice and fluffy after all that holiday chocolate. You wear 31 beautifully and I don't think it's just the pregnancy! Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad it was such a special day. :)

Jen & George Scott said...

Happy Birthday Kenz!!! I remember celebrating your birthday in Raintree just after Christmas. Crazy huh!!! You look great!!!

Nichole Gaertner said...

Hey! I know, it's been forever since I've been online. I'm late for your bday. But happy belated birthday anyway! :) I'm jealous, you look so cute and fit with that basketball under your shirt! So, what number of hansen great grandbabies does yours make? 38? Hmmm.... lol!
Love Nichole

Becky said...

Hi Beautiful pregnant Mommy! I hope that you had a great Birthday. I really hope that you and your little baby girl are doing good too! I keep seeing deals to Boise on SWest. I think it is a sign that I need to come visit! :D