Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's Gingerbread Time !!

I love gingerbread cookies! I vaguely remember having them on our tree growing up. My mom would bake them til they were really hard, tie some ribbon on the them and up on the tree they would go. Unfortunately I don't remember the smell but just the tree having cookies on it! While I haven't made any to use as decorations, it is always tradition to make them and eat them! Here are some pictures from Family Home Evening of us doing just that. Don't mind the messy counters...the kids want the cookies rolled out and frosted quickly and no time to clean in between!










This year we experimented with a gingerbread house too. Lots of work but we all had fun decorating it once Mike was finished constructing it!








Merry Christmas! Already our house is missing some candy. We'll see if it is still standing at Christmas!




5 comments:

Becky said...

ummm, I won't be showing you a picture of our gingerbread house. It is hard! Well, our kids had fun doing it, so I guess that is all that matters! It looks like your family had a lot of fun, worth any mess, right?! I need to get your gingerbread recipe from you.

Sarah E. said...

Oh my gosh! That second picture of Jack looks just like I remember Mike when we were growing up! You have very cute kids and it looks like lots of fun!

Jess and Jer said...

Cute gingerbread house!! Very creative! I totally didn't know you were pregnant and having a girl that is so exciting, congrats on that!!

Hayley said...

You are way too ambitious. Our gingerbread housed consist of the kits from Costco...looks like the kids and Mike had a blast.

One mom said...

What a fun tradition! That is the type of thing your kids will always remember about Christmas - I think fun traditions that bring the family together are so important.