We went when I was about 8 months pregnant with an un-named baby girl and Madison country was everywhere. The name Madison was on our list and after the trip we confirmed we wanted our baby girl to be Madison. And again we went back 1.5 years later, right after Jack was born. The kids were so little (4 weeks and 19 months) it was nice to go back and give them memories of the park.
Although the word "PARK" would need to be clarified. We did have to clarify a little it wasn't a regular "park" but a historical "park." Grandma told Jack there would be lots of animals including buffalo and elk. Jack had to admit he didn't know what a buffalo was. And by golly, we did see lots of buffalo. We saw a bear from a distance, eating berries on a bush. Lots of marmot's, squirrels and chipmunks and thank goodness the bugs stayed away. A couple bites here and there.

Maddy said her favorite part was the waterfalls. I don't even remember them being so beautiful. They really look like a picture rather then the real thing.


Mike said he loved the company (ditto from me:) and the new Old Faithful exhibit. It was really cool, we all got a better understanding of how geysers work. And the building just opened Aug 25. The weather was so cold and windy, I was glad my coat-yes coat it was cold-had a hood (even though I look like an Eskimo wearing it). And the renovated Old Faithful Inn, it still is breath taking after all these years. One day, we want to go and stay over night there.

I'll admit I always look forward to yummy ice cream at Tower and it was delish this year. Huckleberry and I even tried the Moose Tracks wish was yummy too. And the Mint and strawberry weren't bad either. I love looking at the trees after the fires in '88 and seeing the new growth. Beautiful country and I loved being reminded about the yellow stones everywhere, that is where Yellowstone got it's name from. Lots of driving in Yellowstone but worth the adventure!
Jack loved the gift shops. After every attraction, we'd go looking for the perfect souvenir and yep who wouldn't love the gift shop.
Little Lexi was sick, not with the flu but a cold and her favorite word of the trip was "owwee." She didn't sleep well and would cry it out in her sleep, she would chant it over and over again in the car and everywhere she went. Poor thing, she did like however to be spoiled by G&G.
We took lots and lots of pictures and blogger doesn't want to cooperate--so this is all you get!
7 comments:
What fun pictures. I'm glad you guys enjoyed your trip. We sure wish we could have been there.
How fun to have one last summer vacation even after school started. Everyone keeps posting bear pictures, and I am jealous now that I have never seen a bear in the wild.
We have been wanting to take our kids and just thought it might be better when older? How was it with little ones? So glad you didn't get malled by a bear!!!! Did you see any?!
I wanna go! Looks like fun. How did you make those collages (Photoshop)? I can't figure out the new way to do Blogger, now that they changed everything. You do a good job! Keep it up, b/c I'm you stalker!
Looks fun!! :) Love that you kept talking about the icecream flavors and you're still that darn skinny! :) LOVE YA!
It was such a fun time. Thanks for posting it from your side of the camera. Since we were in separate cars for all the driving, I felt like we missed half of what happened. The kids were so good - even poor Lexi with all her misery. Look forward to doing it again.
Looks like a fun little trip. That's fun that you have a good story to go with Madison's name.
Post a Comment