Thursday, December 22, 2011

Normandie's Brunch

Before Grams headed to sunny California for her winter solstice she invited us to join her for brunch at Normandie's Cafe, her retreat after church. She loves their biscuits and muffins and a cup of coffee (her guilty pleasure). The smell of coffee reminds me of Grama, never been a fan of it but the smell always takes me back to waking up at her house. That and pancakes and waffles! Mmmm.

She kept inviting others and soon it was a family brunch just like the good ole days when we would gather the Sunday before Christmas for dinner. We always had yummy potato rolls --the best esp hot out of the oven, fruit salad with whip cream. When we were little Grama would always get us girls matching dresses. Sorry Laura and Jenny your heads are missing. Me and Gabe in our matching dresses.

And Chaddy cakes with Grampa Ardo and Uncle Ira

Miss ya Gramps! Esp that big smile.


We had an impromptu gathering at Normandie's and remembered many good times. Here are a couple pics I stole from Laura's blog.

Maddy, Jack, Ches (who requests the kids call him Uncle Frankie) and Noah
Franchesco has recently become vegan and the menu doesn't support his new diet so he watched us all eat. Maddy and Jack had strawberry crepes and gobbled up every bite. Lexi had root beer! Mike and I both enjoyed eggs benedict.
And the group.
Mike, Kinz, Cousin Christian his son Sam is in front, Rob and Cousin Laura, brother Brody, Cousin Ches and Evelyn and then Noah, Jack and Maddy in front (Lexi was locked in the bathroom:)

We missed the other cousins who didn't make lunch.

 And then Makinz, Grams and Laura. Laura and I are due about 2 weeks apart and both having baby girls.

 I love borrowing Grama's clothes and here's proof when I say this is my Grandmothers. She is so stylish, my wardrobe could really taken some help from both Laura and Grama!

2 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Wow... that picture looks just like Maddy. You could be twins.

What a fun tradition! I love old pictures!!!

Laura said...

That was a lot of fun! I'm glad you copied the pics...I never emailed them to you! Grrr. I love the old pics, esp the one with Grandpa!! I can just hear his laugh echo in my ears. And you are stylish Kinz- you looked fabulous that day!!