Today, Madison chose to be baptized and confirmed
a member of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Gotta love the jumpsuit eh?
No in all joking to Mike and Maddy's attire, I love the picture in the background~just shows what this day is all about!
Don't mind that Jack is stiff as a board and that Lilly is punching Maddy ~ somehow all 6 of us are looking at the camera!!
Wish I would have snapped a picture of just herself and her darling hair and dress. She was glowing all day! And still is a week later. Words cannot describe the spirit that was surrounding Madison this weekend. The Hymn "The Spirit of God" describes her spirit, it was like a fire burning; it was on fire; and she had the biggest smile to prove it.
Congratulations Madison, Mom and Dad are so proud of you. After the baptism, we had dinner at our house. Little delay and problem with the propane but we figured it out and the salmon was delicious. Thanks Dad for feeding our crew. I think we had over 50 people, including Brody and Grammie who ducked out just as dinner was about to be served (guess all the noise was too much for Grammies hearing aids and the wind and rain picked up just as we were getting ready to eat also- my mom making her presence). Maddy also got many gifts from family and friends. THANK-YOU!!!! Thank-You to Everyone for making this day so special for Madison.
This poem and picture are one of my favorite. I think it sums up everything.
On the back is this poem.
My Three White Dresses
My mom bought me a white dress,
Not red or pink or blue.
She said it was a special dress
Like very other few.
There has been just one before,
A dress now put away.
That I wore sometime ago upon my blessing day.
As a little baby clothed in my first white dress,
My dad held me in his arms, there to name and bless.
So pure and clean was I just then,
With time to grow and learn
About the Father's plan for me.
My glory I must earn.
Not red or pink or blue.
She said it was a special dress
Like very other few.
There has been just one before,
A dress now put away.
That I wore sometime ago upon my blessing day.
As a little baby clothed in my first white dress,
My dad held me in his arms, there to name and bless.
So pure and clean was I just then,
With time to grow and learn
About the Father's plan for me.
My glory I must earn.
Now I've reached the age to judge the wrong road from the right,
And I am here to be baptized in this dress of white.
So once again I'm free from sin,
The path is clear to me.
I'll grasp the road and hold on tight,
I vow with certainty.
Just as mud would stain my dress,
Sin would stain my soul.
The key is to repent or bleach,
For whiteness is my goal.
And I am here to be baptized in this dress of white.
So once again I'm free from sin,
The path is clear to me.
I'll grasp the road and hold on tight,
I vow with certainty.
Just as mud would stain my dress,
Sin would stain my soul.
The key is to repent or bleach,
For whiteness is my goal.
And if I try my very best,
Then richly blessed I'll be,
Wearing inside God's holy house
White dress number three.
So today I make this pledge:
I'll strive to choose the right,
Through this sacred baptism ordinance
In my second dress of white.
Then richly blessed I'll be,
Wearing inside God's holy house
White dress number three.
So today I make this pledge:
I'll strive to choose the right,
Through this sacred baptism ordinance
In my second dress of white.
I had a hard time prior to her baptism, the little hiccups of the day probably helped me to forget my emotions and focus more on Maddy's emotions. She was so excited and nervous all in one. The program was beautiful. I ended my talk before my tears could over take me. Her smile after she was baptized was from ear to ear. She was so happy.
We made it Maddy! And both of us are living proof.
Wish I had taken more pictures, I know Julie did I'll have to add to this post when she gets back in town.




4 comments:
I love that poem. Great pictures - you have a beautiful family. What a wonderful choice, Maddy!!
Congrats to Maddy! She looks absolutely lovely and you all look so proud of her. The baptism of the first one made me feel so shocked by how fast time moves.
Oh, I love all the photos! And that poem has always been one of my favorites, too. I'm so glad we got to be there for the baptism. She was radiant. I'll try to get pictures posted this week. But the best ones are already on this page.
Your family looks beautiful!
I could see the change in Maddy Sunday. She was so reverant.. and seems so grown up!
She is darling!
Congrats Maddie!!!
Post a Comment