Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Maddy's Makeover Party

Maddy woke up on her birthday and found a gift by her bed with her outfit for the day (she guessed it was clothes by the size of the box-go figure:). She came down stairs and was pleasantly surprised by more gifts. Mike had some extra time on his hands and wrapped ALL the gifts. Hmm, wonder what the one is?
Remember that her big gift was opened and has been used since July~ Here is her early birthday present.

Mike dropped Maddy & Jack off at the bus stop and headed to Dunford donuts to pick up a birthday treat. He arrived at school before the bell rang. Maddy's teacher greeted Mike and said "oh are you Madison's mom" He said "close I'm her Dad." Oops, simple mistake right? Maddy had a great day at school and the class gave her a birthday book. She came home and was excited for her makeover party to start.

Special thanks to Camille for kidnapping Lexi for the early afternoon so I could get things done and to Lilly for taking a great nap so I could accomplish all I needed to do. AND Cami for coming home from Swiss Days early (she says she didn't but either way it was heaven to have her home early) to watch Lilly when the party started. And to Mike for coming home early from work to snap all the pictures and of course Jen for helping me pull off the party. She was a life savor!  You really do need two people to pull off a party. I thought this party would be simple but it was a lot of  work and I woke up not feeling hot and not sleeping well the night before. BUT we had a great party. Here are some of the highlights!

Facial masks (Macey didn't want to do it) everyone else loved how soft their face felt after
and of course it made for a great picture




the girls got to soak their toes in warm peppermint water to prepare for the pedicure. 


Gotta pick your color. THIS was a very hard decision for most!
make up
toes and nails
and then a fancy hair do
 then when they were all glammed up hey headed out back to wack the pinata.
although only Maddy got a turn~must of been a weak design. She cracked it open with her 2nd swing. Although no one complained the end result was CANDY

then we came inside and decorated cupcakes. It's amazing how much one can pile on top of a cupcake.
And then time for presents.

Emma, Makenna, Laura, Madison, Alli, Charity, Macey
all glammed up

And of course making a wish.


After the party, we headed to Mountain Mike's Pizza for dinner. Maddy really wanted Little Caesars (it's in our back yard and it makes for a quick and easy meal) but Mike and I wanted good pizza. Next time we will buy Little Caesars for the kids and get ourselves a pizza from Mtn Mikes! We loved it. The garlic cheesey bread and pepperoni pizza was so yummy. The staff surprised us and threw in a dessert Cinnamony bread for Maddy's birthday.
 
We stopped at the park on the way home (to make room in our pants from eating too much pizza) and play. The night was cool, we received a good soaking rain when we were eating dinner. 
 Whew, what a day! Happy 8th Birthday Madison.
Up tomorrow, her baptism to come.

















2 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Fun party idea! I bet they all loved it and it is still themed without being too young and cheesy. I am trying to find ways to keep doing themed parties for my kids without them feeling silly about it as they get older.

Unknown said...

What a cute party!!!! I promise I didn't come home early. :)