Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Thankful Thinking Part 2
11.
Saw this on a friends FB wall and it really hit home. Today at church, scripture study was talked about and reminded me I need to get back on the band wagon and READ! I finished the BOM before Lilly was born and an still in 1st Nephi. So today I'm grateful for the scriptures and want to do better at reading them. Shouldn't be too hard because I'm not doing it at all.
12. Today I'm grateful for disposable diapers! My baby is finally a small fan of baby food. And when food comes in, it must come out and well you know it's a blessing to be able to throw it away instead of cleaning and scrubbing it out in the toilet. I'm also a Huggies fan.
13. Lilly has learned a new trick...standing in her crib. This morning at 4am she was trying her new trick. Trick is she doesn't know how to bend her knees to undue her new trick. This afternoon, nap time was also very tricky. She is starting to show some of her personality. Stubborn! She also is finally enjoying baby food esp crackers and cereal. Tonight she tried yogurt melt a ways and LOVED it!
14. Today I'm grateful for early morning snuggles with Lexi. She loves to watch Curious George @ 8am after they leave for the bus. Today, we watched it together all snuggled up on the couch. She loves preschool and asks every morning if today is the day she gets to go to school. And if it is the day she gets to go to school she asks all morning if we can have lunch because after lunch school starts.
Last week she had a preschool field trip to I Love To Cook. 20 preschoolers made their own pizza, decorated a cookie and then got to eat it. She loved that we spent the morning together but then was very mad that she couldn't go to "school" also.
15. Last weekend, Jack and I went shoe shopping. He searched high and low and found his new favorite pair of shoes. The shoes are needed to replace his worn ones and to have something to wear while he plays basketball which starts soon. I tried to get him to buy Velcro shoes but he found some tie shoes that he loved. The best part was the price tag. I almost feel guilty for not spending so much on his shoes. Guess we'll see how long the quality lasts compared to that small price tag of $9.99. But it really was a BOGO sale so 1/2 that! I'm grateful for learning to tie my shoes, thank goodness its like learning to ride a bike and you never forget. It's also a check off for Jack to receive his Fantastic Falcon award. WTG Jack!
16. My sweet Madison. She is such a delight. I love that she is growing up and loves shopping and loves to help me and loves to sit at the grown up table when we have Sunday dinner with the Loveridge's. She is smart, loves to read, and I can ask her to do something and its done. She is enjoying piano lessons. She has mastered her back bend at tumbling and working towards kicking over.
17. Oreo's. Don't get me wrong, I like Oreo's. BUT I'm not really a huge Oreo fan like my husband who has 4 cookies and a glass of milk almost every night. Oreo's are usually on the grocery list. I've recently picked up a couple extra flavors and they are hard to leave alone. The Gingerbread cookies were okay, but the MINT are divine. And of course who doesn't love Double Stuff and regular stuff. How do you eat your Oreo? I pull mine apart, eat the filling and then the cookies. Lexi only eats the filling. Mike dunks his (yuck not a fan of a soggy cookie going in).
18. Today I'm grateful for family. Not to make you jealous but I'm boarding ship today with 14 of the finest family around and heading South towards warmer temperatures. The kids will be greatly missed but in great care. I suspect the break will make me love my job even more than I thought possible. Kiss to each of my kids and say a prayer for Grandma & Grandpa who has taken on 4 rug rats!
19. I'm very grateful for food. It is a necessity. I enjoy cooking and I especially enjoy eating. I'm trying to eat healthier and encouraging my family to eat that way also. Lexi is my picky eater. She sometimes goes to bed without dinner, well not sometimes a lot of times. Lilly is getting better but she closes her lips and won't budge at eating. I hope that changes the older she gets.
20. I'm grateful for my testimony. I'm grateful for my Savior and the still soft spirit that whispers to me, that guides me throughout my day, that helps me to keep going, that encourages me when I'm down and that loves me. I truly know my Heavenly Father loves me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
This week I have renewed my gratitude and amazement for all the mothers of my grandchildren. You women are wonderful. Yesterday on our way to Lehi for Thanksgiving, Lexi, Jack, and Maddy took turns sharing the things they were grateful for. I was very impressed with the depths of their thoughts as they expressed their gratitude ( and grateful for parents came up several times... in spite of the rule they couldn't repeat what anyone had already said). They are being taught well.
I love all your new family pics and the color scheme. So cute! I do hope you have fun on your cruise but asking us not to be jealous? Yeah right.
Love that we both expressed a love for oreos on or about the same day. It's the little things, right?
Maybe we do have similar "lusts"- lol.
I'm sure you have a fun list coming up to finish the month.... a cruise sounds wonderful. :)
Post a Comment