Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter Day

Hmmm
Someone did not want her picture taken


I love the 3 in the back still posing for a picture even tho one of them crawled off
She only wanted me to hold her and had to have her blanket. At least Mike was prepared and had the tripod out.
 So we went to church. I loved Sacrament meeting. Sister Henderson's talk was on the song "I stand all amazed." That song has been on my mind all week. I too am amazed at my Savior and so grateful for all that He has done for me.

11 o'clock church is the pits for naps. Lilly should be taking one about 10:30-11. Mike was out in the hall most of sacrament meeting and I was out in the hall for the next 2 trying to rock her to sleep with no luck.

When we got home from church, I decided to try another picture. Lilly is so beyond tired now!


I was being really silly to get her to smile. 
Kindof got one.


 Jack thought I was being funny at least!

So there ya have it! I'd really like to get nice pictures taken but I'm sure I'll get the same reaction from one of the kids at least!

We headed up to the Ranch for Tifani's birthday and Easter celebration. Her birthday fell on Easter this year, I wonder how many times that has happened before? We enjoyed a delicious meal of ham and fresh green beans, spinach salad, twice baked potatoes, heavenly (homemade) Lion House rolls and then topped it all off with  ice cream cake for dessert. Some how I managed to also eat several gummy bunnies. Not sure why gummy candy calls my name but it does.

It was a wonderful Easter Sunday. My dad had on a show of the resurrection and Lexi and Jack were very disturbed why the people were treating Christ so poorly and hurting him. It was a good opportunity (again) to talk about our Savior. I'm so grateful for his atonement so I can one day live again with him. I'm so grateful for the simple things in life. I'm so grateful for my family. 

3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Your persistence paid off. You got some great shots and the family one is perfect.

Cam said...

We'll take on photographing duties after Church for eachother next year for sure. :)
Although, I'm quite impressed with the tripod pic- it turned out great!
Cute family.

Challey said...

Now I see what you meant about having the same taste. Your kids look so cute!