Monday, April 29, 2013

Seven

Happy 7th Birthday Jack!


Jack's labor was very quick. I was induced and just over 2 hours later he was here. The epidural wasn't turned up as strong and I could fill him drop thru the birth canal. He was a lot bigger than Maddy but still very small. He was born at 10:51am, weighing 7 lbs 11 oz and 21 inches long.




JACK seven of the many reasons I love you!

  1. Athletic--last week Jack had 3 baseball games (it was a crazy busy week for us). He is improving with each game and practice so much. And wow can he run fast! He got player of the game for running so fast! He also has a good arm. He threw the ball from just past 2nd base to home. That put him in center field next inning so he could throw the ball in. He loves playing 2nd base. 
  2. Intelligent--when Jack started school this year he was on level C for reading. He has worked very hard and is now on level L. He always gets 103% on his spelling tests. He loves math. He loves school. He has a great teacher and a wonderful student.
  3. on the go--this boy is always on the go. He quickly gets his homework done after school so he can go play! He loves to play. He has lots of buddies that live around the neighborhood and if one can't play he is off at the next one.
  4. heart breaker--Jack has lots of friends girls and boys and I think several have crushes on him. Although, don't tell Jack or he might break some hearts. He came home from school with a book that Alora bought him from the book fair. He plays tag with the girls at recess. I guess it's only fitting seeing that he has so many sisters at home! 
  5. loving--his sisters all love playing with Jack. Lilly just adores her big brother, Lexi loves to wrestle with her big brother and Maddy and Jack are great buddies and walk to the bus together and enjoy laughing and telling each other jokes
  6. games--he loves to play games. Skip Bo, Uno, Matching, Ticket to Ride and any game on the phone esp Angry Birds and Crush Candy.
  7. I may be biased but I think he is handsome. He has a different blue eye than his sisters have more of a grey blue. BUT when they flutter, he almost always gets what he wants! He has the cutest toothless grin right now! He melts my heart!
And a trip down memory lane.


1st birthday
baseball cake
I really wanted to do a ball cake for 7 but had already created that once...so I had to be more creative with 7
Man he was bald, he had no hair even at one!

2
Thomas the train cake

3
Race car


 4 the Dump Truck Cake.

  Luigi cake for # 5.


6th birthday 
alien cake
 We celebrated with dinner, cake and some presents a day early. I really wanted to do a baseball cake because Jack's playing baseball but had already created that cake...so I had to do some pinterest searching and found something new. Jack LOVES turtles. Seriously he has a dozen turtle friends so this was a no brainer. Not sure how or why since he loves turtles that we didn't have any Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the house but now we have 2.

I heard Jack jump out of bed this morning and start ripping the paper. I left 2 presents on his floor. New shoes and clothes. I always leave clothes out on the floor and last night he was really concerned that I didn't leave any clothes out. He got 3 new outfits and was so excited to have new clothes. See Mike, even boys get excited about clothes. LOL. In fact, Jack wasn't sure what he wanted for his birthday but told me that he knew he'd at least get clothes for his birthday. Guess Mom is predictable that way. I loved having  a new outfit to wear on my birthday growing up so I figure the kids deserve one as well.
 
We celebrated a day early with dinner and tonight he has a baseball game. 
We're heading to Abe's drive in before the game to celebrate with burgers and shakes.
Jack was player of the game last week. His prize was a free shake at Abe's. Way to go Jack!
Happy Birthday Jack!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jack!!!! You make the cutest birthday cakes EVER!!!

Julie L said...

His smile is definitely a heart melter. That cake turned out so cute! Happy Seven Years to our wonderful grandson Jack! It was fun watching him play again last night.

Seth and Julie said...

He is one of those kids who looks like the same guy now as he did the day he was born, only with more hair and teeth, although those seem to be on the way out again.

I liked the 7 year cake review. They are all so cute!

Cam said...

Jack doesn't play here very often anymore, or I'd have Macey and Ally take some of the TMNT credit- we have movies, and remote control turtles, etc...around here. I personally don't get it, but their love for ninja turtles runs deep. :)
All of your cakes look amazing. It's hard to believe he's already 7. I've really been thinking about how quickly our kids are growing up lately- it's crazy!
Happy Birthday Jack!!