It's hard to read, some of my fav answeres were.
Lexi: Mike is 5 years old and as tall as a tree. At work daddy colors on
the dry erase board and eats treat. He loves Oreo's and Dr Pepper. His
fav team is the blue team and fav color is purple. She loves it when
daddy tucks her into bed and takes her to Disneyland.
Jack: Daddy is 37, born in Utah and is 10 feet tall, he weighs as much as an elephant, I think. Daddy does stuff on the computer and writes papers at work. His favorite treat is poppy seed muffins and Dr Pepper. His fav team is the Utah Utes and he loves it when daddy plays games and sports with him.
Madison: He is 37, born in Utah and 6 feet tall. He weighs at least a hundred pounds, daddy likes to go shopping and his fav treat are Oreo's and girl scout cookies and twix and snickers and of course Dr Pepper. She likes that dad takes us places and plays with us and esp that Daddy loves Maddy. We also treated Mike to a Dad/Pop goodie basket. We went on a scavenger hunt at the Dollar Store. In his present he got, Poppy Seed Muffins (from Costco not the Dollar Store) Mike & Ikes, Dad's Rootbeer, Pop Corn, Tootsie Pops, Pop Rocks, Ring Pops, Pop Its and Otter Pops. He also got a new tie and a note that said Dad you're Tie Riffic. I forgot to take a picture of the gift basket, it was so fun to make! It'll probably be a reoccurring gift every Father's Day.
While I'd like to take credit for these awesome ideas, I must give credit where credit is due. Thanks Studio 5 for the ideas, you helped me pull off Father's Day!
We enjoyed breakfast with Brent and Julie on Saturday. Mike got to speak on church on Sunday. He did a great job, he didn't tell me he was gong to speak on Sunday til Friday night, he didn't want me to tell anyone to come watch and he was nervous and having a hard time preparing based on the subject. I told his parents (sorry Mike:) and they came and helped me entertain my sweet rascals during church. The kids were great except Lilly had had enough during the closing prayer and let everyone know it. I was in the middle of the bench, I couldn't decide if I should stick out the prayer or get out, by the time I was out to the isle the prayer was over. Mike was very emotional (which doesn't come out very much), he spoke about his Father and told about the qualities he had and then shared that we all share the same Father in Heaven. I was amazed all the characteristics Mike was talking about with the Savior really are characteristics that my Father in law has. I am very blessed to have an amazing Father and Father in Law and Father in Heaven. I count my blessings every day. I think Father's and Mother's Day are too advertised but appreciate the chance I have to tell so many wonderful people thank you and let them know how much they mean to me.
After church we went up to the Ranch and celebrated Father's Day with Grampa Buddy and Tifani, Brody, Chad and Anna and Grams. We enjoyed a delicious norm burger and brats and homemade strawberry ice cream. We stayed all night and enjoyed riding the horse, the 4 wheeler and the monster truck. Emma and Beckett came later and played with the kids.
We are so lucky to be back in Utah and able to celebrate Father's Day with our Dad's. How fortunate I am to have wonderful Father's in my life. I especially am grateful for my children's Father. He does so much for us. Thank you Mike! I am one lucky girl. I love you.


2 comments:
Great gift ideas! Love the comments from the children, and we really enjoyed having breakfast with you and getting to hear Mike's talk. Glad you spilled the beans, even if he wasn't. It's been a few years now, but I still pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming that you're close to us again.
I love your Father's Day gift ideas. I will have to steal all of them next year! That is also a very cute picture of you and Mike.
Post a Comment