Can't believe it's been 20 years since this youngin' graduated from high school. We attended his reunion last night, I choose not to attend my 10 year. Jack was just born and I'll admit I was self conscious to return with baby fat, but last night being at Mike's reunion I realized no one would have cared. Maybe i could have even won an award for it.
Sure everyone was wearing their nicest casual clothes and maybe shaved or had a nice haircut recently but no one really cared what thy looked like today or 20 years ago. We wore name tags, each of the graduates had their senior picture attached to their name tag. Being an outsider it was fun (to me anyways) to see the changes (in most).
Mike enjoyed saying hi and learning about what his fellow Pioneers have been up to. The MC joked that he couldn't do math because he went to Lehi, although several of the grads had a PHD.
Although, high school at the time seemed monumental it really was just a path way in life. So glad our paths crossed. It was fun to chit chat with the other grads spouses during dinner. I'm really glad mike wanted to go, maybe he convinced me my 20 year reunion won't be so bad. At least I've got 3 years to think about it! 

4 comments:
I'm glad Mike wanted to go, why wouldn't he? He has a super hot wife by his side!!
Glad you had a good time. Since Kevin is supposed to plan all of his reunions, I'm sure we'll continue going to them. :) But its always been a good time so far.
I thought my 10 year was fun, although I'll admit the 5 year was super lame and too close to graduation- should've just waited that extra 5.
It's Bill's 20 year reunion in a couple weeks too. He wasn't excited about going but had had friends pressure him into it. So we will be going. Glad you had fun! How are we married to such OLD men??!! ;) And yes, you WILL be attending our 20th! Wow, just saying that makes me feel old! Crazy!!! xoxo
We quit going after Brent's 10 year. Have never been to one of mine. Though we haven't moved, they quit sending me invitations after I didn't go to the 5 yr. (pregnant with Mike and three other babies at home was rather prohibitive). But I am glad you guys made it to this one. It seems that at 20 years people just start being themselves and once you get past all the politics and pressure of youth, it's really refreshing to just be your genuine self. You are a great couple! Love the photo.
People dress all fancy for the reunions from my school. I have never gone since I live across the country but I agree with Julie that 20 years is probably the one to go to. People seem to have grown up and become comfortable in their own skin by now and you have probably all seen each others recent pics on FB anyway so that should take some of the nerves out of it. I didn't even get an invite to my 20th and I wonder if it is because I am not on FB?
Post a Comment