Monday, November 10, 2014

Thankful Thinking Part 1

1.  Today me and the kids spent the afternoon with Grammie. Words cannot express my love for this woman of 95 years of age.  how fortunate we all are to have her spirit with us.  She has always give me her love, her shoulder to cry on, her laughter, and her strength to carry on when things get hard because she does this every day. Jack and Grammie played checkers today. Kicking myself for not taking a picture like I thought of. Praying and hoping for more next times. I'm so grateful my littles know and love Grammie just as much as I do.

2. Sleep. At our house we have the coughes as Lexi would call it she ads an s to cough! Except they for some reason only appear in the middle of the night. Lexi's cough woke me who woke Mike which eventually woke Lilly. We were all able to sleep in and catch up on sleep. 

3.
Today I'm thankful for underwear, toilets, TP, and air freshener. Lilly woke up yesterday and said her bum hurt from the diaper. We were having what I thought would be an easy home week and thought hey maybe this is the perfect week to try. Potty training has been on my mind-I've been trying to talk myself into it for months. 2.5 years is usually when I have done it. This girl was a champ today. #2 in the potty like a pro. Let's hope tomorrow goes as well as today. Sorry TMI!! And I took back the box of diapers, wipes and pull ups at Costco and saved over $120! I don't think I will miss changing bums!
 
4. The kids and I for FHE made turkeys with scrapbook paper. We made lots of feathers on our turkey and each day are going to write down something that we are thankful for. We have all accepted the challenge of praying to be more thankful. We always remember to ask God to bless us and those around us but often forget to thank him for all that we have. I have challenged the kids to name 5 things they are thankful for in their prayers. I hope it will stick for all of us. Who knew 5 would be so hard.
 
5. Wonderful teachers and programs at school. I love Elk Meadows. I am so happy we were able to stay at the school. I am grateful for all that my teachers do for my kids. Today Maddy was chosen as a leader in me for the habit .
 
 


I also attended PT conference with Lexi's teacher. Last night, Mike and I were watching one of our fav shows Castle and Castle was in a 2nd grade class talking to the teacher and she said that it is her job to love and protect the children. I am so thankful that ALL my children's teachers do just that. Tomorrow I'll meet with Maddy and Jack's teachers--even though their report cards were straight E's for excellent behavior and 4's for understanding concepts (which are like A's). Lexi on the other had--needs to try and not talk to others. BUT I think the teacher just graded low on everyone and we will see lots of improvements over the years. I'm hoping I'm not loving kindergarten. 

6.


Found this on FB today. Boy did I need it. I spent so much time on my knees and blowing my nose from having THE worst day ever.  I spent an hour at kindergarten and had the worst headache from my sinus infection and the class; Lilly kept peeing her pants and proudly telling me she pee'd; Mike left for Vegas for Ragnar; and I just didn't feel good. But a great friend came over and just gave me a hug and let me cry some more and I realized I could try again tomorrow with potty training and life could be a whole lot worse and that I am very blessed and loved even if I didn't feel it today.

7. I'm thankful for exercise even if I haven't been doing it because I am under the weather. Last year i tried to talk Mike into running with me when I jumped on The running band wagon. Tifani asked us both do do Wasatch Back Ragnar in June. I said no and Mike said yes. This is a sore topic (mike apparently likes to run alone;) but Mike just finished his 3rd competitive race event of the year at Ragnar Las Vegas. 



I don't have many details except that his legs are sore. But either way I'm grateful he caught the running bug and hope to participate more together running in the years to come. 

And some extra photos from Miles phone of the  trip. 


8. Beautiful fall weather. 

I know it's out there I just have been trapped inside the bathroom with Lilly but we had a break through yesterday after literally "holding it" from 4pm thurs - 5pm fri with no accidents and waking up dry from bed and naps the following day she has it figured out! Today she's been amazing and Doing  it herself. Stubborn child! But loving This weather!! 
and yes that's snow on the mountains. 
9. cousins. my dad is 1 if 8 children and the Price family is big.  Bridgit invited us and Andy & Audrey over for dinner. We adults were so busy talking I didn't get a good picture, but am very grateful to live in Utah so close to family and extended family.  my kids love having cousins and second cousins to play with. 

 
10. FHE aka family home evening as a child I didn't enjoy FHE because I had to sit and listen to the home teachers or a lecture. often we would have family court where we could say what we didn't like about someone or something in the house. it was the best part of FHE.  our  kids however love FHE . our lessons are usually a story from the Friend, (that only one kid really listens too) our songs are energetic and the kids love being the one in charge of the treat or activity.  a favorite game we seem to play almost every week is hide n seek.  We hide a toy, turn off the lights and the person seeking uses a flashlight to find. Although tonight we went to the church and played some ball. I just love this family of mine! 


2 comments:

Julie L said...

Sorry I didn't know you were fighting the bad cold. Everything was so crazy last week. Excited to hear about Lilly's successes! And I love what you're doing with the kids for Thanksgiving. Remembering to be grateful is such a vital part of this time of the year - well, actually should be year round. We have so much to be grateful for.

Cam said...

I love Thankful Thinking posts. I'm sorry your November has been a little rough- call me if you need something- after all, I'm just across the street! And pretty much home all of the time these days. :)
Hooray on returning diapers. Must be a nice feeling to be diaper-free. We have one more kid to go. Woo-hoo (and sad at the same time!)