End of year is always a party...my party. I really don't love my birthday per say. Never have and the older I get I really don't like it. I had to do the math and count to see how old I was going to be this year, then I had to really think about it am I turning 37 or already 37 and will be 38. It was a scary thought. For the record, I am 37!
I remember my Dad's 40th birthday party- he seemed to handle that number pretty well but MY 40th. It's scary and I'm slowly creeping up to that number! YIKES, I honestly never thought I'd live past 34 and here I am making it to 37.
My birthday fell on a Sunday this year. Just like the years past, it's always 3 days after Christmas and a lot can happen in that short amount of time following Christmas. I spent the 26th with Lilly at the Instacare, she was up all night with a high fever and what I thought was an ear infection. Do you know how many other really sick people were in the Instacare that morning. YIKES! I knew for sure if we didn't have something we were going to get it. Lilly was fine just had a fever. Say what? Although the Doctor wondered if Lilly had a UTI because she kept asking to go to the bathroom but then wouldn't. When I got home and told Mike what the Doctor said, he said yeah maybe she does. Well it was nap time and she wouldn't go to the bathroom so after my sweet slumber with Lilly (we take a nap daily together--at least SHE thinks we do--I sneak out after she is asleep) I went back to the Instacare to get a cup for her pee test in. Later that afternoon she woke up and finally went to the bathroom (this girl has strong bowels). We went BACK to the Instacare to have her urine tested. The Doc came out and said good news no UTI. UGH, then why this fever and cranky girl. Apparently Mike had the same stuff Friday, Jack got it Saturday night, Lexi Monday, Maddy Wednesday and I finally got it late Thursday night. BUT before all that we celebrated!
Saturday we went to see Penguins of Madagascar and had just enough time to slip in lunch at Sizzler. The kids had been dieing to use their free lunches from Falcon Friday so I figured it would be a cheap birthday lunch! It was quite tasty and the Penguins movie was really funny. I especially loved how they kept sliding in movie star names as if it was just part of the script not a name. You'll have to see it to understand.
Sunday morning Jack woke up sick, but I didn't let that stop me from going to church. Mike felt better and came along (I apologized to him many times later in the week--I thought he was just being a bum Friday because he was just sitting on the couch reading--later found out he didn't feel good and then when I got it I felt really bad because I didn't leave the couch all day).
My Dad brought steaks to eat, Julie brought ice cream and salad, Mike made rolls and gingerbread cake with caramel sauce for dessert! It was also special to have Brody in town, I said it was a joint birthday party for him but he didn't get to blow out the candles. Actually, neither did I! Miss Lilly snuck in 1/2 my candles for me and I blew the rest out and didn't even think about a wish. Oh well, there's always next year!
See Lilly is all geared up to blow! The last picture I am teasing her for blowing out MY candles!!
We cancelled our plans to go to the rec center and to cousin Eric's birthday party on New Years Eve because Lexi was sick, we went to Annie on New Years Day with the Loveridge's (LOVED IT) and Maddy and I probably got everyone sick because we didn't know we ourselves were sick. I think we had Influenza. It's been running around the neighborhood: fever, aches, no appetite and cough for 10 days. We had our flu shots but only were sick for 24-36 hours. I'll take the flu shot any day over having that nasty stuff for 10 days! It sure did spread through the family fast, within a week we all had it. Counting my blessings we didn't really have anywhere to be and just enjoyed watching Netflix non stop for the week.
So there's my party--pretty much is always the same story--someone is always sick! Mike spoiled me. I gave him a bad time for not listening to me for Christmas--I wanted new jammies! Mine were in threads. Well he delivered new jammies for my birthday and a keyboard for my surface! Also got some cash and went shopping when I felt better. And we are all feeling better we just have some lingering coughs!
Happy New Year! Today, Mike had to go back to a FULL week of work--no more paid holidays. The kids also went back to school. THEY WERE SO EXCITED! We had almost a whole month off from school, Dec 6-Jan 5 we were on track break. It was heaven! We played and played and played and did lots in between. When we first got our track assignment to be on B track and have all December off I was not happy! But it ended up being the best--December is so busy and we were able to squeeze in all we wanted plus more and not have to worry about going to bed to get to school. Lexi was super excited also to go back to school today, she said "am I going to be in First grade?" To here Christmas vacation was that great!!




4 comments:
I had the flu shot, but I've had this lingering mess for way too long! Just finally starting to feel better, but I probably gave it to everyone in the first place. Sorry. It was fun to be with you for your birthday. Eric's birthday was also cancelled because he was running a fever. It's been crazy. Dan's even had it in Illinois. Seems to be hitting the entire nation. Glad everyone's starting to feel better. I'm grateful you give us reasons to keep celebrating after Christmas!
I can't believe how bad the flu is this year, I'm still praying it doesn't hit our house. I kept the kids home the Sunday after Christmas since it sounded like half the ward had it. Owen woke up with cold symptoms on New Year's Eve, so I shipped him off to my moms house till he's 5 days symptom free. I'm hoping to get him back tonight- I've been missing my little guy! It sounds like the flu shot at least helped at your house.
Hope you had a happy birthday! You're a trooper having kids home the whole month of December- 2 weeks was hard enough for me this year, I usually love the break- but I couldn't wait to send them back! Trying to keep the house quarantined is def hard on my kids. Hoping to make up for being a lame mom in the summer- hopefully Ben is healthy enough to go places by then! Hope the worst has come and gone at your house and that you stay healthy from here on out. Happy new year!
P.S- pretty cake!
Happy Birthday! Birthdays are no fun as we get older but even less fun when you are sick. Ugh!
Did you like Annie as much as the original? We liked it but we thought the original was better. After we saw the new one we showed the old one to our kids, sure that they would like the more modern one, but they also liked the original better.
Post a Comment