Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January pics

OiIt's January. I haven't been up to much of anything except hibernating indoors. Although, it's been a very mild winter. We had a little bit of snow only once, Lilly was so excited she said "it's Christmas!" when she saw the snow.  If only!  My daffodils are starting to sprout up. While I love the temperature outside,  I'm still hoping winter will come now and not in April/May when we want it to be warm!

I've been working on my 2014 yearbook/ family scrapbook and am amazed at how much I forget that we have done or what has happened. I am so thankful for this blog/journal/scrapbook to remember things with. So here's an update of pics on my phone of what we have been up to!

MLK day several friends went to the Utah Grizzlies game to watch hockey.  This guy, I think his name is Grizz, came by to say hi. We get free tickets several times a year with our Pass of all passes, sneak in treats and watch hockey. The men that play this sport are very talented, they can multitask!!















This is where our seats were. The Grizzlies lost in overtime shootout 3-2.


Brody was in town, we enjoyed dinner and football and games at Buddy's house. Earlier in the week, we surprised us with a visit and stayed and played. We love when Brody comes to visit!

Mike left for Klondike Friday afternoon, we stayed home and watched a movie and ate popcorn and pizza. Earlier in the week, Lilly threw up all over my bed. I was afraid we were all going to catch it and was worried because the weekend was non-stop but no one else came down with it. I'm counting my blessings on that!

When the kids went back to school, Lilly Meg was my constant shadow, she followed me everywhere in the house I went, watched me fold laundry, exercise, cook dinner you name it! A couple weeks now into January, she has hit her terrible two's! She argues with me when I tell her to do something, yells and hits me and is driving me nuts. I'd much prefer my sweet shadow, I'm hoping it is just a phase and will go away as fast as it came!


Basketball season is in full swing. We have practice on Tuesday nights and games on Saturday. Last weekend, when Mike was out of town, we had 3 games. I'm so grateful my Dad came and helped me! I wasn't sure how I was going to do everything that needed to be done (we had pictures and birthday party's too). He was an answer to my prayers! Thanks Dad! 

️maddy has 10 girls on her team; while they would all like more playing time it worked to their advantage on Saturday when they had back to back games and had 8 minutes to rest while the there were out playing. 

Jack has a smaller team this year-I always forget to take pictures of his games. 

Ryan and Jack playing DS' These boys are in the same school class and basketball team. Maybe they can both make the same baseball team this spring!! Fingers crossed.

Miss Lilly was playing with her doll and Dad. Dad's a good sport, right after this picture was taken the doll fell and gave Mikes a fat lip. oops


In January, Maddy and Jack started choir. It is two mornings a week at 7:25am, I tried to talk them out of it but they wanted in! After doing last years choir concert yearbook page, I am glad they wanted to do it, I forgot how much fun it was. Madison is going to try out for a singing part tomorrow. She must have got this theatre love from the Loveridge side! Jack is content to singing with the choir instead of having a solo. 

When we went back to school in January, after switching Primary teachers, Lexi asked if she was going to be in 1st grade instead of Kindergarten. She is thriving at school and her teacher is just what she needed. She has made several friends including getting to know her cousins better. She is constantly asking who she can play with! 

The basement is stuck right now although everything is on order for installation Next week. I picked up the flooring last night and Mike will probably instal it this weekend and the shower and vanity should be here next week. Did I mention we are 3 weeks out to Kauai. Can't wait for the sunshine!! 



4 comments:

Julie L said...

If you ever get in a bind with basketball, don't hesitate to call us, too. I've been a horrible slacker and you need some photos from me for your scrapbook! Are you all done? I've loved the weather this month but am getting concerned that we'll have all the trees blossom out too early. The daffodils, on the other hand, I really am looking forward to seeing! Thank heavens for phone cameras, right? I'm starting to use mine more and more to capture those minutes. Perfect! Love those Dad/Kid times.

Unknown said...

Whenever I think my life is getting hectic I just have to spend a couple minutes reading the blogs of those with kids to realize my life is quite tame and dull by comparison. Looks like you are having lots of fun and staying quite busy!

Seth and Julie said...

Hawaii in February sounds like the best idea ever right about now!

I'm excited to see pics.

Cam said...

We still haven't made it to any of the free hockey games, hope to one of these times!
Love all of those cute little basketball players.
Can't believe that January went so fast and that February is almost over too.