Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Let's Play Ball

Chances are if you are looking for us this spring, we are either at practice or at a game. With 3 kids playing spring ball, we are here and there and everywhere. Luckily Maddy and Lexi play at the same field, not practice but play! Practices are all over the place also. I have a car pool buddies for Maddy and it has saved me, Lexi and Jack are spread out. I foresee in my future lots of laundry and red dirt!

Saturday we had 3 games. It was the official season opener for OMGS and CHCR where the kids play, although it wasn't their first games. Figure out that one!

Lexi is playing for the Orange Tigers. Her coach is so patient and has been doing this a long time, he is a great teacher and knew that to keep this one busy he should put her somewhere where she would pay attention instead of sitting in the field playing int he grass ( like she does at practice:), and what position would that be!

Catcher! I love this little smirk I caught on her face.
She did love playing catcher. 
It scratched her chin and when she woke up in the morning she said "that armor scratched my chin"
lol armor or pads pick your option!


The pads on her knees kept unbuckling. She is the youngest on her team and probably the smallest also. The umpire was nice to keep helping her.

She played catcher 2 innings and then played in the outfield for the rest of the game.
She batted 12th (out of 12) and only got up once to bat.
But she got a HIT and ran to first base!

She also had to go to the bathroom and was doing a potty dance out on the bases.
She was happy to be at HOME base for more than one reason! 

Maddy is also playing softball and is on the blue lightning team. She is very confident and LOVES to play any position. She also hit the ball but right to first base and got tagged out on her first up to bat. Her coach is wonderful also, she is teaching the fundamentals of softball and helping her team. She is playing with friends Grace and Alli.







The girls played at the exact same time, on Thursday and back to back games on Saturday. Most nights are like this. I call it a two for one! Lilly is here at the play ground during the games.

Jack is on the National's team.
He has played mostly catcher in his 6 games so far but got to pitch his first game on Saturday. He did wonderful esp for it being his first game to pitch in. He got 6 strike outs! And stopped the Cubs for 2 innings. 












His team is a young team and has a lot of learning to do but then again so does Jack. He is probalby the youngest on his team. You have to be 9 by April 30, so he makes this age group by 1 day. He had a great hit last night and finally is gaining his confidence hitting as he does pitching and catching and playing. He is also playing on an accelerated team for Copper Hills and his first game will be on Saturday. He plays double headers almost every Saturday traveling a little in the valley. Yay, more ball! I need to get one of those bumper stickers that says MOM with the O being a baseball or a basketball! Not sure which game I love more!  I love watching my kids play, I might be that mom out in the stands yelling at the upmire or ref! I love this game! And so far my kids do too!



2 comments:

Julie L said...

Those are terrific photos of all three! Can't wait to come be the grandma out in the bleachers yelling! Looking so forward to making some of their games again this year.

Seth and Julie said...

I always wanted a baseball kiddo just for the pictures. I can smell a ball game just looking at pictures. I think it just screams American childhood and I love it. Your pictures capture it perfectly.