Thursday, June 23, 2016

Take me out to the ball game

After Memorial Day, the kids ball tournaments started. Life was pretty hectic when the tournaments started. We were always at the ball field for a practice or a game. BUT it was so fun, by the end of the season the kids have played 10 games and are really getting good and fun to watch. 

Jack was catching one night, the other player tipped the ball and it hit Jack's arm. I was so worried it was broken. I thought it hit the top of his arm, it's been too long since I had a bone class but I think. BUT I know that we were blessed and Jack had his arm turned just right so the ball hit the muscle part of his arm. It immediately sent veins out and was so swollen. We have the miracle salve Dr. Christophers cream that we got at Dave's Health we put on it and by morning it was swollen and bruised but not broken! 

 Maddy's tournament ended with 2 losses and they were out. It's a double elimination tournament and their best pitcher was not able to make the game so we didn't do so well. After the game, the girls spirits were low. Afterall they just lost, but one coach started a water balloon fight and the spirits again rose and the smiles were back. They really wanted to dunk Todd with the bucket of water but he was too quick and escaped just before they dumped it.


 That same day we had 5 baseball games, a dance recital  (Lexi had a morning game also) and I can't remember what else. But we were busy!! And it was so hot!

 This is Maddy's team, there was another Maddy on the team also. As she ages we are finding all those Madison's that were named 11+ years ago. Love the serious picture. Funnest team, they had a great coach who put so much time and effort into helping the girls succeed and their talents grow.
 Lexi's team won 2nd place for the season and 1st place for the Championship. Championship game they had sparkles on their black lines. Sparkles were everywhere on this girl! Which she LOVED. She did great the final games and always got a hit! She is turning into quite the hitter, now if we could only get her to pay attention in the outfied, not play in the dirt, not talk and watch the game! Baby steps. Miss Lexi is a social butterfly. We love this girl!
 Here is the team getting their medals for the champtionship.

 And Lexi's BF Abby was on our team. It was so fun to have someone else to cheer on and especially someone to carpool with! Abby is tall and can hit well also. So fun to watch the girls grow and enjoy playing.
 Love this Orange Tiger's Team and their coaches. Unfortunately, 1/2 the team (the really good ones that is) move up to 8u next year so Lexi will not get to play with them. BUT we have loved our experience playing with Troy and Dirk and Brandon.
 Next up was Jack's Giants. They placed first in the season only having 1 loss. In the tournament, they faced that team and unfortunately that team beat them. It was a sad loss and pour Jack was up down 2 with 2 outs and struck out. Ending the game.
To be honest, he threw the bat and was so mad. But a couple days later he was pleasantly surprised to have his name called for the Copper Hills Allstar team. He was so excited! 2 of his team mates also made the team.
 All Stars receive a helmet (well I pay for it one way or another) and then he got a trophy for 2nd place in tourny. He doesn't show emotion well but this is a happy day for Jack!
 And just like that they had an All Star game rather tournament. They did okay won 2 and lost 2. They've been practicing all week, with school early til 10 pm, Jack hasn't complained but I know is exhausted. In fact, I told the kids I would check them out early today and we'd all go to 7 Peaks Water park and 2 out of 3 said no thank you. We'd love to stay at school. Win Win for me. I guess! Except I was looking forward to a pool day!
 Sharp All Star Uniform. He has been pitching awesome! Working on getting hitting and I do not tape him while he is up to bat. BAD LUCK! But he is having a great experience and learning. Love this kid!

So proud of us for making it threw the seasons. I told someone that I loved having Mike home during the season, I couldn't have been everywhere they needed to be without him just wished he had a pay check while he was home! Can't always have the best of both worlds. Right!!

1 comment:

Seth and Julie said...

Oh the joy of summer sports! I love when they all have to be in different places at one time. I need to hire some grandparents or something to help me divide and conquer. Glad you survived the season. Also, that mountain in the background of the team pic looks fake. So pretty!