My Dad invited us to come Glamping at his house for the weekend, we slept in the camper trailer in the driveway and came and goed throughout the house and yard all weekend. We had a nice long walk, went to church, where it smelt like camp fires and it wasn't us, enjoyed smoked ribs and beans by JJ and Lauren and played non stop. In addition to us at the Ranch, there was G&G, Brad and Ashley and family and JJ & Lauren and family. Quite the party! Oh and lots of toys to ride on, Jack found this mini four wheeler to be his favorite past time. He is saving up his money to buy one.
Grampa also saddled up the horse. Skipper pretty much just goes around and around in circles, best horse ever. And loves my Dad, always does a circle then comes right back to him.Maddy did really well on Skipper, she didn't let the horse go back to my Dad like he did on everyone else, she reined her in and kept her going in circles. My Dad said now there's your cowgirl! And to think it wasn't too long ago she was scared to death of riding a horse and now is doing it by herself.
The blue four wheeler got lots of use.
Her Skipper is just following my Dad in circles. Lilly loved her time as a cow girl.
The weather cooled off for the weekend, we didn't get any rain but the clouds came, the colors were also starting to change. It was a beautiful weekend.
Love cousin Savannah. Lexi was without a buddy for the weekend, but floated well between Olivia and Savannah. Liv didn't do as well with Paizlie so it was good for her to have a buddy also.
Long lost cousins. Brad and family just moved to SLC from St George last summer, the girls have been playing volleyball together and we live close enough we can play after school. She also just turned 12, soon they are going to meet up at the temple and do baptisms for the dead.
Another favorite was the chickens. The kids would go in the coop and catch them, feed them. I snuck up on Lexi and took her picture, I think she was trying to get them to eat out of her hand. She loves them. When I was young, I had to gather the eggs, I wish I could say today I wasn't scared of them still but I am. Glad these ones are nice!
Liv and Lilly
and then Paizlie in the middle of them on the Ranger
Kids also hot tubbed
I even convinced Maddy to give the four wheeler a spin. She did it but as you can tell by the look on her face she wasn't happy about it!
Lexi on the other hand was so excited to drive the four wheeler all by herself!
We stayed up late and watched the BYU game, enjoyed lunch at Polar Express in Oakley, played non stop. Unfortunately Mike had to go to work Monday, he just doesn't have any time off so he left Sunday night. We played games and went to the lake and had a lazy Labor day.
We took one last ride up to the mountains with all the toys. I was a little worried because I had Lexi and Lilly without helmets on, we went up a hill that was a little to step and I couldn't make it up. I killed the motor and then couldn't get it started, lucky for us their was some hunters right by and they came and started the motor. We came home while the others rode the day away.
We left about 3 and didn't get him til after 5. Traffic was horrible all the way home. All of us taking advantage of the last weekend in Summer. But we got home just about as Mike did who had to Labor on Labor Day. Thanks Steve and Tif for a wonderful day.
No comments:
Post a Comment