Friday, January 18, 2008

If you give a mouse a cookie

For Christmas, Maddy & Jack got this book. You might have heard some of the books inside. If you give a mouse a cookie, If you give a pig a pancake, If you give a moose a muffin, just to name a few. Maddy loves the book and since the mouse loves cooking and eating, she wanted to cook some for herself. So we have made blueberry muffins, corny corn muffins (a recipe from the muffin book) and today chocolate chip cookies.
I would have shared a picture of the muffins, but they didn't look that great. I was talking on the phone and forgot a main ingredient--eggs. So out of the oven they came (they had just gotten warm) and we plopped them out of the paper muffin covers and added the eggs then plopped them back into the oven. Let's just say they were "healthy" tasting! But not bad. The book is so cool, it has songs and recipes to go with the stories.

Here are some pictures of the cookies today.

Smiles must mean the cookies are yummy!

For some reason, eating cookies this way tastes even better. We seem to be having a problem eating like dogs and tell the kids they can go outside and eat with the dogs in the cold if they prefer!

I guess this puts an exclamation point on how the cookies taste!












The finished product!!
I am sure tomorrow's cooking lesson will be cooking pancakes with dad. Pancakes on Saturday morning is a new tradition Mike has started with the kids! And then maybe will read "If you give a pig a pancake" after breakfast. If you haven't read the books, they are really cute!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

I have heard of those books before, I think i've read "If you give a mouse a cookie" before. I should read more with belle. Maybe i'll start that tonight. Thanks for the inspiration. lol.

Courtney Vance said...

I love this book, I quote it all the time! Your kids are cute, as always.

Becky said...

Yum, I want some! Your kids sure do seem to be enjoying them. We have the Cookie book. J loves it! He actually read it to himself this morning, yeah he has it memorized. That is such a good idea to add an activity to it! Miss ya!

staci said...

So cute! Ya, I think we have that If you give a mouse a cookie book too. You are such a cute mom! I love how Maddy is wearing a little apron too. SO CUTE!

Laura said...

Mmm those cookies look so good. I am dying over the pic of Jack eating the cookie from the cooling rack. That is hilarious. He doesnt want to waste time picking it up!