Hey, Mike here. Makinzee gave me the ability to post on her blog, so I am testing it out. But rather than send a "test" blog, I thought I would post about this really cool site I found. Last week, I was in a big seminar for work and the girl sitting next to was telling me how she was planning on teaching sign language to her soon-to-be-born son. She told me that it had saved her a ton of grief with her first two children and that she had put together a DVD on it because she had so many people asking her about it.
At first, I was skeptical, but then she told me about a little girl that has been on tv recently that had progressed from sign language to reading - all at the tender age of 1! Apparently Andrea's DVD has more information and is cheaper than the system used by that little girl (Andrea was the girl at the seminar).
I know that Makinzee has been interested in this stuff, but now that Jack is talking, it seems kind of silly to try teaching them sign language. Maybe we can try it on the next one (no that is not an announcement). Anyways, if you are interested, you can find the DVD here.
No comments:
Post a Comment