It's official, Jack is now in a big boy bed. Back in January, he figured out how to crawl out of his crib, so we took the front of the crib off and converted it to a toddler bed. My parents bought Emma a beautiful bed (the same one only in white) and John Parris delivered this cherry wood bed. They re-ordered the white one and we were lucky enough to get the wrong ordered bed. After Thomas the Train we drove home with the bed in the car, this week when we go back for Jake and Alex's wedding, we hope to be able to pick up the trundle that goes with the bed. Jack loves it.
The new bed is so tall (and we don't have a box spring on it just the mattress), Jack figured out how to climb up himself. I'm hoping he'll use the step stool instead just so the bed stays beautiful. Back when we lived in Draper, I made this patch work blanket out of old jeans--really for taking on picnics and ball games in the future. The colors were perfect for Jack's room so it has found it's new home. We'll get some new pillows and the bed will be complete.
Yep, didn't take Jack long to try out jumping on the bed!
The new bed is so tall (and we don't have a box spring on it just the mattress), Jack figured out how to climb up himself. I'm hoping he'll use the step stool instead just so the bed stays beautiful. Back when we lived in Draper, I made this patch work blanket out of old jeans--really for taking on picnics and ball games in the future. The colors were perfect for Jack's room so it has found it's new home. We'll get some new pillows and the bed will be complete.
Yep, didn't take Jack long to try out jumping on the bed!

6 comments:
That is a beautiful bed! Lucky Jack! And most importantly it looks like he LOVES it!
Was Maddy sad?? Tell her I think her bed is beautiful too!
Love the bed Kinzee! So awesome you guys got to have it! Love the quilt too. You are so talented! I need some lessons!! :) xoxo
I want a bed like Jack's!
kenz, your kid are growing up sooo fast. I love the bed. It is so cute.
I really like the rich color of that wood. I love how excited kids get about the idea of the freedom of their first bed after the crib. I can't wait for the new Jack adventures. The look on his face spells FREEDOM!
Post a Comment