Friday, June 6, 2008

Jake & Alex's Wedding

We left Wednesday night and drove to Logan to see Jake & Alex get married on Thursday in the Logan Temple. I realized 1/2 way there I forgot my temple recommend, it was at home in my temple bag. Luckily they let me in and called my bishop. The sealing was beautiful and so were the bride and groom. Here they are coming out of the temple.


The parents Dirk, Jake, Tifani, Steve. All the other group pictures are fuzzy not sure why I took so many fuzzy pictures. This is the only one that came out.
Emma and Maddy the flower girls / present takers. Tifani found these dresses at a place called Sunday's Child in Salt Lake off Highland Drive. They are so beautiful. Many of Emma's/Maddy's dresses have come from here. One of my favorite places for dresses if you are ever in the market (actually Jack's had a couple outfits from here too).
Mike & Maddy & Chad & Brody waiting in the sun before pictures at the Temple.
Emma, Jack & Maddy posing for a picture before leaving for pictures.

I didn't take my camera into the reception so I'll post pictures later when I get some. Alex's colors were orange and green. Her bouquet was gorgeous orange lilies. The guys had a lily pined on them and the ladies had a lily wrist coursage. All the ladies were wearing black with green and orange jewelry and Alex's sister Mazey was wearing a bright orange dress. The dads had orange ties, the guys had green ties on and it was so pretty. Every detail was thought of, the food was fabulous and we had a great time. We left Logan about 8:30 last night and made it home 1:00am and Mike was off to work at 8am this morning. We are so glad it's the weekend, we are ready for some r&r. Congrats Jake and Alex!!

5 comments:

Brian and Tonya said...

I've always been terrified that I'd forget my recommend for a wedding. I'm glad it all worked out for you. How are you liking The Host?

Becky said...

The kids are adorable. I Love Maddy's dress, so cute! It almost makes me want to try for a girl. I hope that you guys had fun and am glad that you made it home safe that late in the night!

Courtney Vance said...

The girls dresses are so precious and their hair is so fun. I bet you guys had a great time, it sounds like the wedding was amazing.

Hayley said...

Looks so pretty! Luv Maddy's dress & Brody's beard! Glad you could get in without your recommend

Tennille said...

Darling dresses. I was just on Highland Drive on Sunday. Wish I'd known to look for it. Love the orange and green color combo too. Good luck on your Mary Kay business. I wish I were closer, I really would order. However, I do have a sister-in-law in the biz also. Anyway, good luck! Love to see your cute kids pictures!