Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Boise Hawks FHE

The kids have been reading at the library summer reading program and each got a free ticket to the Boise Hawks AAA baseball game. The catch was the ticket was only available to use on Monday, but what better night to have Family Home Evening at the baseball park. I know not as much fun as sliding down the stairs...Jack did try the bleachers out and climbed everywhere. M&J are so excited to be at the game. The bottom of the 1st inning, Jack said "go home?" Apparently, he isn't as big as a baseball fan as his dad would like him to be!

And this is how they felt about having their picture taken.

Humprey the Hawk came by and the niether M Nor J wanted to go see him. Jack slowly warmed up to the idea of getting his picture taken with him and even gave him knuckles.

What's a baseball game without the concession stands? We all had an icee and found a kids park to entertain the kids while Mike watched the game and saw a grandslam hit. We made it to the 7th inning and the Hawks beat the Canadians!

Here are the kids jumping at the kids park.

7 comments:

Emma said...

Our kids have been reading all summer too, but I haven't signed them up for the reading program. I should....it looks like fun!

staci said...

Looks like a fun time. Your kids are funny with not wanting their picture taken! Typical kids huh?! I think we have a AAA team down here too. I'm not sure of the name though. Maybe they play each other sometime!! :) You guys are a darling family!

Kristy said...

AWWE, looks like fun to me!! I don't like watching baseball on TV, but it is much more fun in real life. Maybe we'll take Belle to an Owels Game this summer. lol. I may be biting off more than I can chew!! :0)

Laura said...

I guess I am glad to hear that someone else's kids hate having their pictures taken too. I can never get a smile.

Yay youre coming down-lets go do lunch for sure! Gabe many be coming down on the 28th- but it isn't for sure yet, it may be later?

Hayley said...

Baseball games can be a little too long for the little ones, but it's always nice to get out of the house!

Billy and Megan said...

How fun, I guess we need to remember to fill out thier reading chart more often- the season might be over before they earn the tickets!

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! I haven't been religious about filling their charts either! Maybe next time.