Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Trip to Utah

Me, Maddy & Jack ventured to Utah last Monday to see Grandma and Grandpa before they went to Texas to see Mike's brother Sean and his family. On our way into town we stopped to enjoy the Eyre Family reunion in Centerville. They had lots of blow up water toys and we could go to the neighbors house to swim and play tennis. The pool was beautiful and it even had a water slide. Maddy and Jack loved the slide and on Maddy's 3rd trip up the slide, she slipped and fell and landed on the concrete and off to the ER we went. As usual when we come to visit in Utah we always have a trip to the doctor!! This one was very hard for Maddy and me, so hard to be the strong mom and not cry while your daughter is scared, in pain and bleeding. Here is the picture taken at the instacare waiting for the numbing to work. Notice the blood on my white shirt! Thanks clorox and Great Grama for getting it all out!


Here is Maddy on the operating table waiting to be stitched up!

After many tears (even in the picture), Maddy was all stitched up with 6 stitches! Thanks Tifani for being the strong one and holding Maddy down while they stitched her up.


After our 3 hour detour at the insta care we zoomed down to Lehi to have dinner and play with Kamryn. Here's everyone after dinner playing with bubbles.






On Tuesday, we had planned to go to the pool and swim all day. Instead we went to Wines Park and played and then off to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point. Not sure why I took this picture, but it was the only one taken that day. Here's Jack with the goats. The kids all rode the horses and loved it.

Wednesday we went to Great Grams and played in Holladay. Again we forgoed the swimming but the kids still had fun. Even Uncle Brody came and joined us for dinner. Thursday we went to Kamas and played at the farm and then headed to the Kamas Fiesta Day's. On route to East Canyon Resort we stopped at the parade and everyone came home with a bag of candy. Jack soon discovered almost everything in the bag was taffy and wanted to give it all back!
We arrived at East Canyon just in time to have dinner. My dad helped me set up my camp and we all got settled in. Lots of cousins from Oregon to Texas to Utah to Idaho (100 in total at the reunion) and it was so fun to play with so many cousins. I didn't get any pics of camping (too busy chasing kids to take picturs) but did get a picture of us at the lake. I convinced Maddy & Jack we would have a safe not wet ride. Here we are enjoying the ride.

It really wasn't noisy but Jack insisted on holding his hands on his ears. My cousin Jason swore he wouldn't get us wet (his wife Niki and son Ashton are on the tube too), well we were slowing down and somehow all got dumped. My glasses are at the bottom of the lake but Josh jumped in and saved my $1 hat. That's why I never buy expensive glasses I always loose 'em! And it did feel really good to get wet! Here is a picture of the stitches, on the way back to the campground Maddy feel asleep so I could capture a picture of 'em. She wasn't a fan of all the attn she got with the stitches.

My cousin Parker flew up to Boise and picked Mike up on Friday after work and they arrived late Friday night. We ate so much yummy food and had fun with all the cousins. Here's my dad with Jack.

Jack eating chocolate!
We left Sunday morning, ate breakfast at IHOP after breaking down camp and drove to Boise. So nice to have Mike drive so I could take a nap! We asked our neighbor Debbie when we got home to take out the stitches. Maddy cried just as much as getting them in, we even let her go to bed and did the rest of them while she was sleeping. I always thought Jack would be the first to get stitches! Please let it be a long time before we do it again!

11 comments:

staci said...

Wow, that was quite the eventful trip! Like you said, it isn't a trip to Utah without seeing the doctor huh?! Poor Maddy! Hope she is doing better now! :)

Challey said...

Oh, poor thing. I feel your pain about the doctor. Stuff like that just sucks. Way to be a strong mom. Looks like you had a very busy and fun trip to Utah. I think other people's reunions always look like so much fun!

Hayley said...

OUCH! Looks like a fun trip, isn't it a amazing how fast kids bounce back!

Kristy said...

Ahhh,I love big fun action filled reunions!! They are the best. Sad that Maddy got hurt. That stinks. I would have bawled the whole time if that was Belle. Im a wimp, and way too emotional. Im in for a ride aren't I?

Unknown said...

If that happened to us.. I would totally freak out!!
Sounds like you were very busy last week...hope you had fun!

Michelle Price said...

Oh man-so sorry. It's so hard to be the mom for stuff like this. Glad the rest of the trip went ok!

Brian and Tonya said...

Poor girl :(
Tell her Aunt Tonya is proud of her for being so tough (and proud of her mom too ;))

Lynsi said...

Poor Maddie that look like it hurt. I would have cried too!

Emma said...

I'm glad to see she is doing ok. Isaac got his first stiches at age two. I am usually pretty tough, but I lost it when they stiched him up. I had to leave the room. Way to be strong!

naturegrams said...

So sorry to hear about Maddy and her stitches. She really took it on the chin. Hope she is doing well now. I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks. Love ya susan

Becky said...

OUCH! That looks like it hurt. I don't blame you for not wanting to go in a pool after it happened. Tell her she can be cool like her Aunt Becky and have a nice little mark on her chin too. It looks like you guys still had a lot of fun! I hope you did!