Thursday, October 23, 2008

Viva Mexico!

Blogger won't let me post individual pics so here's another slide show. We had an awesome time in Mexico on the Mexican Rivera cruise, it was so fun. We are already planning our next cruise! There were 11 of us in total. Dad, mom, Mike, Kinz, Brody, Chad, Anna, Jake, Alex, Josh and Taylor. We left from San Pedro Pier and brrr it was cold, we were hoping to catch the sun and miss the hurricane that was heading towards Cabo. I am happy to say I didn't get sick and am no longer rocking on land. I loved going from one destination to another doing nothing more then going to sleep an awaking in a new state of Mexico. Our first stop was Cabo, which we missed the hurricane and had great weather. We played at the beach, ate yummy mexican tacos and snorkeled and saw some great fish. We took a scenic walk back to the boat instead of a water taxi and were all ready for dinner that night. I loved dinner, each night we had a different dress standard although most of it was very casual. Our waiter's took care of us and the food was delicious every night, afternoon and morning and any time in between you wanted more. What can I say, I was a happy pregnant woman!!

In Mazatlan, Mike and I got talked into taking a time share presentation for a free taxi ride and drinks and food. We didn't know my parents also did the same presentation so we all feed the group and had a great time in Mazatlan at El Cid. The resort was open to non-guests and we swam in the pool, layed out in the sun and played on the beach. Mike went para sailing and saw the city from the sky.

The next day we were in Puerto Vallarta. My family all went on a canopy zip line but I wasn't allowed (being pregnant was a disclaimer for most excursions). Mike & I tried to swim with the dolphins and they wouldn't let me do that either. So we opted for a tour of Puerto Vallarta. It was by far my most favorite destination and we got to know the city more. I can't wait to go back for a 4th visit.

We got back on the boat for 2 days, the first was sunny and hot and I got fried! My Idaho skin isn't use to rays apparently, lucky for me the next day was windy and sun bathing wasn't that fun. I needed a day of rest to recoup from the previous days sun. We played games and had a great time. I loved having my family around and touring the city while not packing daily to go from place to place. And having no kids was a plus too! I missed Maddy & Jack but they had a great time at Grama and Grampa Loveridge's. Thanks again for hosting them for 8 days. Enjoy some pics of our trip! Anyone interested in cruising, Mike and I would love to go to Europe and the Caribbean and the Panama Canal!



PS The room attendant/housekeeper made us some of the funnest towel animals. We took pictures of them although some we are not sure what they were!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun!!! I'm totally jealous :)
Come check out the giveaway on my new blog, I think you'll like it!

staci said...

Looks like good fun Kinzee! Sure wish it would have worked out to see you! Oh well! Maybe next time right? We would LOVE to go on a cruise! My bags are packed! Just say where & when!

amanda said...

Looks like your cruise was fun. Glad that you were able to go and have a little fun by yourselves before the baby comes! Hope you are feeling good!!!

Billy and Megan said...

No wonder I hadn't seen you for a while!!! I didn't realize it was time for your trip already. It looks like you guys had a blast. Too bad about not being able to ride the zip line...I've heard its awesome. Guess you'll have something to look forward to next time!

Emma said...

Too Fun! Welcome home ... We missed you.

Kristy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!!
Are you showing yet? I hope so!! I don't want to be the only one showing at 4-5 months!! Time for cute bellies!!

Sarah E. said...

Oh! I love cruising! It looks like you had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time...I would love to go down there for a cruise! My mom was in Mexico not to long ago and had a great time.--My turn! :)

Hayley said...

what a fun trip! Nothing like warming up before the winter!