Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful Thinking

At the beginning of November, I started to list the things I was thankful for every day on FB. One week later, Mike lost his job and although I wasn't thankful anymore, I just didn't know at the time what to be thankful for. Two weeks later, I have much to be thankful for again. First on my mind is my Savior. He knows me, He loves me and He is always there whenever I need someone. Unfortunately, I think, I rely more on Him when I need something. I'm trying to change that. I also have a goal to re-read the Book of Mormon before Christmas. At 8.9 pages a day, I'll get there. I am enjoying Alma and looking forward to completing my goal.



Next on my list is my family. This is a big thankful thing for me. So many people to be grateful for. If I don't mention you personally don't think I'm not grateful for you. I'm grateful and thankful for my hubby, my life mate, my life saver and the one who warms my bed at night. I'm grateful for his listening ear, his passion for perfection, his willingness to always help me with my honey do's and projects, my shoulder to cry on. We have been married 11 years. He is still everything I hoped for (with the exception of brown eyes but I've learned to love the blue eyes he has given each of our children) in a husband. He is driven and determined and doesn't quit until the job is done.

I'm thankful for each of my kids. I always dreamed of being a mom--not first when we were married--I'm grateful for the time we had together before the kids came.



Miss Maddy: You love to win when we play games, I guess you inherited that from both mom and dad. You have a sweet spirit and want to do whats good. I love your love for others: friends, family, cousins and animals. I am thankful for your spirit, you challenge me often and keep me on my toes.



Mr Jack: I love your energy, your middle child passion and the peacemaker you are. You let your sisters pounce on you and never hit back just smile or cry if necessary. You are stubborn and if you don't want to do something you don't. I need to let you have your agency and if you don't want to have a bath for more then a week--so be it.



And Miss Lex: I think you almost have more energy then Jack. You are learning right and wrong. You are a good listener and already know where things go and put things away. Although you love to dump baskets of toys. You love baby dolls and already have a mothering instinct.



Dad and Mom Price: The two of you are like two peas in a pod. You have a great relationship. You both are stubborn but are both giving and don't let anything get in the way to get the job done. You are so giving of your time, money and love and affection. I love being from a big family and the oldest of 9 children. I remember when my dad first told me they were getting married. I had recently just found out I was pregnant and was SO emotional. I just wanted him to make sure he had found the right girl. She is just that right girl, right woman. Not only is she a good mom, but a great friend. Tif is a great cook, great hostess and a hard worker. She has at least 3 jobs right now and never complains. And when we needed to move from Idaho to Utah, they were there to help bring us home. My dad is a good listener. When ever I need someone to listen to me, he has a listening ear. It has been hard for him to not always give me advice but he has learned sometimes I just need someone to listen to me. I'm very thankful for both of you and especially always opening your home to us when we needed a place to stay. Kindof sad to not get to spend the holidays with you, maybe we'll have to come up and just spend the night anyway. We especially love late night canasta nights and train games. So grateful for both of you!

Grammie: What would I do without Grammie? She is more like a mother to me than a grandmother. I even have a room at her house. I am thankful for her ear to lean on more then one occasion when I am having friend problems or money problems or kid problems. She always seems to have the right solution. And cooking, I love learning from Grammie although it makes it hard to write a recipe when you throw in a little of this and a little of that. BUT I'm getting it. I'm thankful for Grammie's generosity and an open door. I love that my kids know her, she means the world to me.

Brent and Julie: Since my mom died when I was young, I always dreamed I would get a fantastic mother in law. And I got 2 fantastic parents in law. They are so great. I especially love Julie's love of crafting. We use to (before the kids came along) do a craft project when the men went to the priesthood session. Her love for creating is equal to mine~although her budget can afford her wants! Brent is very giving and a great listener. He has a great sense of humour~the Loveridge humour I always joke about with Mike. I am so thankful for my in-laws and especially being able to see them so regularly.

My bro's: Both 30 right now, for a week or so more. Opposite in color (ones red and ones black) but same in heart. So giving and lovable and playful. One of their friends calls me the "hug monster." As the only girl in the family, I feel it important to openly tell of my love for them. I now have 5 more brothers to brag about. They are great friends. I love when they pop in for a visit. And the young ones are growing so much and not as young as I still think they are. My kids especially love seeing their Uncles even if they call them the wrong name. And a sister, I finally have a sister of my own. Emma is more like a daughter to me and a friend to my kids. When we would visit she never complained that they messed up her room or ate all her Lucky Charms, she was always so happy to see them. She is beautiful and we are so blessed to see her so much. I am especially grateful for the wardrobe she so willingly gives us. I love hearing her comment how much she loved that shirt or skirt.

My in-laws and out-laws: Each of you teach me so much. I am grateful for endurance and faith especially when your husband is out of the country serving or at work for long hours or on a never ending school degree. I'm grateful for late night talks and visits and checking up on you on fb. I love in-laws because now I have more family to love! I am especially grateful for vacations and outings and gatherings big and small.

Friends: I have friends all over the globe. I still keep in contact with many from school, college, High school, Jr high and some even clear back to Elementary. I am grateful to keep in contact with them and watch their families grow through blogs and facebook and Christmas cards and occasionally talking on the phone or texting to get the latest updates. I am grateful for new friends and old friends. My friends in Boise were my family. I miss them and think of them often. I am grateful for my new "hood" and for girls night outs and holiday activities and for saying hi while picking the kids up at the bus stop. I love having friends to learn from and laugh with and grow from.

On this eve of Thanksgiving, I have much to be thankful for. I've enjoyed reading so many things others have written about. I too am grateful for a beautiful warm house, a soft bed and a car that gets me where I want to go. I am grateful for Mike's work. For our education. For a grocery store within walking distance if needed and school teachers that do so much to teach my kids. I am grateful for the snow--its so beautiful outside. I'm grateful for my calling in the Young Women's and for teaching and how it is strengthen my testimony. I'm grateful for Thanksgiving dinner: turkey and yams and rolls and pies but mostly being together with family, even if our dinners are all over the state. My gratitude list could go on and one. Thanks to each of you, and especially for your comments and love.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Julie L said...

I am so grateful for you, Kinzee. You have blessed all our lives from the minute you stepped into Mike's. This is a sweet, sweet post. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so glad we get to share it with you!

Anonymous said...

:) Inspirational! Miss you Kinz!