Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Luigi Birthday

Look who's 5!!

Jack patiently waited til 3 for his Super Mario Party but then he corrected me it was a Super Luigi party. Jack is obsessed with Luigi. I ordered a 9 set figurine online 3 weeks prior to his birthday and it didn't arrive on time. They were also going to be the cake toppers. So I ran to the only store in town that sells Nintendo stuff aka Toys R Us and they had one Luigi in stock (tons of Mario's but 1 Lui). After blowing out his 5 pancake breakfast, he was so excited to open one gift early. Guess who?


I told him he had to give it to me later so I could decorate the cake. All day he kept asking if it was time to cut the cake, he wanted Luigi back.


We did toad stool cupcakes and don't forget the mini's!



It was finally time for the party to start. We put on our Mario/Luigi or Princess Peach hats and smiled for the camera. And Luigi isn't complete without a chocolate mustache!
And here's our guests.


After a quick game of pass Yoshi's egg, we ate our mustaches and then played crack Yoshi's eggs. I didn't get a before picture. Let me explain, a large picture of Yoshi was hung up on the wall. I blew out 16 eggs that magically had green polka dots on them. The kids each took a turn smashing Yoshi's eggs to find the star prize. WOW, did this game catch their attention. It was a lot of fun.






We also played pin the mustache on Mario. Jack didn't want to play because he wanted to pin it on Luigi instead. My bad! But he was a good sport and played anyway.
And then it was time to crack Yoshi's BIG egg.


Mike was constructing an egg for us and thank heavens for 50% off Easter sales that had an egg already constructed. A little green paper and now you have Yoshi's egg!!

Everyone got a turn trying to crack his egg. 2 bats later it still didn't have a big crack in it. I put it on the floor to try and find a 3rd bat and the kids tore it open. Problem solved and candy was the reward!!
Time for blowing out the candles. Time for cake! And singing of course.



Special thanks to all my helpers for helping
me with the party! Cleaning and holding down the fort!

6 comments:

Julie L said...

You throw really fun parties, by the way! Great pictures, Makinzee. Sorry I missed the first part of the party. Looks like it was the funnest ever! Happy Birthday to you Jack! You're growing into such a handsomely fun young man!

Seth and Julie said...

I think those chocolate mustaches are the cutest party favor I have ever seen. Makes me want to do a Mario (or Luigi) party and my kids don't even know who Mario and Luigi are.

Laura said...

How fun!! I love the chocolate mustaches too, so stinking cute!! They worked perfectly with the theme. The cake, cupcakes, and egg are darling. Nice work Kinz and Mike!!!

Coco said...

Wow. You're making me feel like a bad mom! Haha. I think just baking a normal cake and lighting candles is really doing it! ;) Glad to find your blog. I think I should stalk your bloglist, and Anne's blog list, to see who else in the ward has a blog. :)

Cam said...

Those chocolate mustaches are awesome! Looks like a really fun party, I know Ally had a good time. Happy B-day Jack!

staci said...

Your Jack & my Tyler would get along just fabulously with their love of all things Mario! Good job on the party! I love the chocolate moustaches too!! Hilarious! You are a superstar mom!