Sunday, July 29, 2012

Loveridge Reunion

Summer time is usually for reunions: Somehow we managed to have 3 in one day although we only made it to 1. First up was the Loveridge Reunion in Lehi. Here's the two that started it all.

Grandma and Grandpa Loveridge started their family in Lehi. They have 4 children: Brent & Ann share the same birthday and Mark & Howard share the same birthday. Talk about great luck and only having to celebrate and remember 2 birthdays every year! They have 17 grandkids and if my math is correct they have 33 great grandchildren with 3 on the way. Several of the grandkids from out of state were visiting the area so a mini-reunion was put together.

Here's Mike with 2 brothers and 2 cousins.
Bill, Seth, Dan, Mike, Kevin

Seth & Julie drove from Wisconsin (18 hours in one day!) Dan, Sarah & Jonathan traveled from Tennessee and Brody & Helen came from Cedar City. Several cousins didn't make the trip and we missed them. We enjoyed a yummy potluck lunch in the hot afternoon. It was fun to listen to the boys reminisce and tell stories about growing up. I heard the official story of how Mike broke his arm and hope to not re-live that story with one of our children. It was also fun to see blogging friends/cousins, if they blog I know all their business! It was fun to re-connect in person.
Uncle Dan and Lilly--she was super happy to see him:)
Lots and lots of 2nd cousins. Kayla and Max entertained most of the cousins with games and playing at the park. The kids played kick the can. They especially loved having "older" cousins to hang out with.
Lexi loved the swings (of course what kid doesn't). She was sitting there and a nice lady not with our group even pushed her. It was too hot for me to push her.
Maddy and Olive enjoyed playing with each other too. Olive lives in TN.
After lunch everyone went their seperate ways. We headed to Kamryn & Karsyn's pool to cool off. Mike & Bill took the kids swimming and Stephanie & I stayed home in the nice air conditioned house to tend the sleeping babies. We didn't get very many pictures of the reunion, actually, Mike took most of the pictures and I took a couple, it was more fun to talk then snap pictures. I know Grandma L took lots; we will have to steal some of hers when she posts them!

We headed home and Mike went with Dan and some Hansen cousins to the Real game. Me and the kiddos were suppose to head up to reunion #2 and #3 but I was worn out from a day in the sun and decided to head up later Sunday after church.

Pictures of the Price reunion and Price/Wilson reunion to come!

2 comments:

Julie L said...

We must be on the same blogging page today. Just uploading pictures from the reunion on mine, but I didn't get as many photos as I should have. I realize I do not have one single picture of Sarah and Jonathan! Where were they when I was snapping photos????? At least you got Olive. Love the one of Dan and Lilly. That's classic. Hahaha. Also glad to know we weren't the only ones who opted for the cool air conditioning following the reunion. I felt guilty about not going swimming. Won't feel so guilty now.

Karanator said...

You have had one busy summer!