Tuesday, July 31, 2012

More Reunions

Time for more reunions.

Sorry Grandma Price, I told you I wasn't excited about camping with a new baby and I didn't make an effort to camp at East Canyon's Price Reunion this year. We did go up for dinner on Sunday night. It was fun to see my cousins that I only really see twice a year, once camping and then again at the Christmas Eve party. Next year for sure we will camp! I think anyway!  

Mike was playing with the camera settings and only snapped 1 picture at the Price reunion. He was using a lens and was very far away from us. I guess it's a good picture and well this is as good as it gets!

We left East Canyon and headed on a bumpy road towards Jeremy Ranch aka a shortcut that saves a lot of time. We were headed for the next leg of our vacation/stay cation/reunion or whatever you want to call it. Zermott!!
 The next morning we woke up, took a walk, played at the park and then headed to the pool. Well everyone but Mike, he woke up early and went golfing at the Homestead instead. He did meet us at the pool later. He got 3 days of golf in. Is that a record for the year or what?

Here are lots of random pictures of swimming while we were at Zermott

Lexi and Mom.
 Jack did so well swimming. I will admit with the recent drowning at the lake and my fear of water and the kids I was very cautious on where the kids could go. Zermott has an outdoor pool which was the perfect depth~2.5 feet. Although the kids quickly got bored and wanted to go to better and deeper waters. I guess it was okay because keeping a white baby out of the sun was a challenge, so to the indoor pool we went.

Jack jumped in and dove for the rings and went all over the pool. When he needed to get to the side, he would turn over and float on his back to get to the wall. He was actually using his swim skills! Yay for swim lessons paying off. I wish I had the energy to give him one more session, he would benefit so much and it would make his swimming less sloppy but I'll admit I don't want to sit at swim lessons for another 2 weeks.
 Grama Tif and Lilly
Tif and Mike went golfing on the 24th and then we all cooled off in the pool. Lilly loved swimming. The water was the perfect temperature too.

Isn't she sweet? We were so busy all week she didn't get one nap in. Whenever we'd jump in the car to go to dinner or for a treat at the Dairy Keen she'd crash instantly. She was pretty sweet even without a nap.
 Snapped this picture of Jack jumping in from the side. What a cutie patotie!
 And sweet Emma. We probably wore her out. But we loved every minute that she spent with us. She is so great with each of the kids and they just love her to pieces.
 Mike took Lexi's life jacket off to try and teach her some life saving water skills. Nope, she didn't care one bit. She wanted her life jacket back on to swim in deeper waters. Oh well, thanks for trying.
 Maddy is our little fish. She beat Emma when they were racing across the pool. Not sure if Emma was trying or Maddy honestly won, but it made her day. She is getting really good at the butterfly stroke. When and where would that stroke ever be needed??
 And the view from the side. Alex and Beckett and Grampa Steve aka my dad and buddy. He went horseback riding on the 24th and used the seat to take a nice nap. And the first day, Beckett was so excited about the kids and water and excitement of the trip he wouldn't sleep or take a nap. Poor Alex didn't get much sunbathing in either! But we enjoyed the indoor pool just as much as the outdoor pool.
We were at Zermott for 5 days and swam, swam, swam!! It was so fun and a nice break away from every day life. Mike took Monday and Tuesday off and enjoyed golfing and after work Steve and Tifani would come up and treat us to dinner and entertain us or I guess the kids would entertain them. We ate at a yummy pizza shop in Midway, Dickies BBQ in Heber and then Panda Express in Park City.  Much more entertainment from Zermot to come!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It sure looks like fun!!! Lexi looks so much older to me. I love how long her hair is---Beautiful. I hope your kids are on the mend.

Cam said...

I didn't realize you were gone for 5 days- how FUN. I hope it was relaxing.

Julie L said...

You got some great photos there, Kinzee. So glad you were able to squeeze in some swimming vacation time (with golf for Mike). Zermot sounds like the perfect vacation to me. I really like the idea of a whole lot of down time.

Seth and Julie said...

Wow! Are you reunioned out yet? It is so great to get together with family and you got some great pictures and memories to take home.