Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thankful Thinking Part 1

FB has reminded me I need to start my Thankful Thinking.
Instead of doing it daily, I'll just put it into parts. Here's part 1.

 1: Friends. Today, I got to chit chat while exercising with a good friend. Another friend watched my non -nursing baby for me to try and get her to drink a bottle and then another great friend came and curled my hair! Can I say, I never looked so good. Another friend gave me some hand-me-downs, several for  3 of my kids!  And another friend came home and rescued me from 4 little ones. We don't really have a "it's your night to put the kids to bed look" but I must of had it tonight. I could go on all day! Friends are the best.
2: Family: What would I do with out these 5. This afternoon we had family pictures taken. I've only been given a preview of them but am so pleased. We needed a family picture with Lilly in it. The drive down to get pictures Lexi was kicking and crying--apparently her dress was making her itchy although she forgot she could talk and tell me this. I tried to be as calm as I could be but by the end of the 20 minute tantrum I couldn't take it any more. Although, the pictures went very well all things considered. My kids are growing up!



3: Beautiful weather: 70' several times and it is November (at least that's what the calendar tell me--it's also day light savings today. I'm grateful for an extra hour of sleep although the kids didn't get the memo and were all up at 6!).
4: Fast Sundays. At church, the first Sunday of the month is usually fast and testimony meeting. I am nursing so I did not fast today but Mike, Maddy and Jack fasted. After Maddy was baptised I asked her if she would like to fast and she said yes. Today, Jack wanted to fast also. I'm grateful for children who love to choose the right and already at such a young age can listen and be guided and directed by the spirit.
5: Answers to prayers. I've been praying and praying and not sure what to do with my kids during our cruise. I've had so many friends and family offer to help. THANK YOU! I feel I have made the right decision. Thank you Julie. Please keep Lilly in your prayers. She still doesn't take a bottle and only eats crackers (which I guess is better than nothing).
6: Today I got to vote. I'm proud to be an American. Although, I'm sick to my stomach of the results. I had hoped for a change. Now I need to pray (a lot) for someone else. Let's hope he'll listen.
7: Teachers: Tonight was PT Conferences. BOTH Jack and Maddy have wonderful teachers. They have both improved from the start of the year and are doing well in reading and math (that's really all I've seen do they do more than that in school these days;)
8: Cousins! School was out early today. We enjoyed having cousins come and play the afternoon with us. Look at these two! 6 & 7 months and too cute!

9: SNOW! I should be ready for snow but I'm really not. It snowed all day today! I went out to run some errands and my socks inside my boots were wet. Guess its time for new shoes! The kids didn't have school today, as soon as breakfast was finished they wanted to go outside and play. They made snowman, snowballs, went sledding and loved every minute of it. Can I say as a parent, I'm not really a fan of playing outside in the snow. It is messy. But I guess worth it.


10: Hooray for the weekend. We are snowed in well not really but gonna stay put today and enjoy a fun Saturday together as a family. We are starting our month pass to jump n bounce. Can't wait to wear these kids out!

3 comments:

Julie L said...

It's amazing that you can be "snowed in" and just 20 minutes south we have dry roads and sunshine, and the little skiff of snow we got is long gone. Love that Lake Effect.

The picture of the two cousins is just adorable! And every time I see your family picture now I'll think of Lexi itching. Poor thing. The dress is cute as can be, though.

This is a great way to do the thankful posts. I've missed doing that this year on FB. Just haven't had time to post much of anything. But reading everyone else's has definitely been a boost to my spirit. And I am truly grateful to have you and your family as well as all the other children, spouses, and grandchildren in my life.

Unknown said...

So glad to know you Makinzee; you are such a doll!!!! I love reading gratitude posts!!! They are the best!!!

Emma said...

I love the Family Pictures! These are the best ones! I love the colors and how cute everyone looks. I REALLY like Jacks Tie! I miss them:(