Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas 2012



I didn't sleep well Christmas Eve and am glad that the kids slept in for the most part. My parents stayed over Christmas Eve and we stayed up late playing Rook. It was fun having them to watch the kids open presents Christmas morning. Sorry, you got sick Dad and we are especially glad you didn't share the flu with us. Knock on wood! Grampa tried to stay up to see Santa come but missed him. Maybe next year!

I believe Lilly was awake first and then Maddy and then Jack and Lexi. Mike went down stairs to make sure Santa came and then we had the kids come down oldest to youngest to see what was under the tree. The kids were so excited! They first checked out their stockings. They always get a a giggle that Santa leaves an orange in their stocking. Lexi & Maddy loved their new earrings. Lilly got new socks.  They all got candy and toothpaste. Quite the combination! 

And it was officially time to open presents. Growing up we always opened one present at a time so that is the tradition we follow.


Lexi LOVED everything she got. 
Her fav presents were Tinker Bell and Periwinkle along with the new Tink Movie. 
Her mermaid slide. 
Strawberry shortcakes and a strawberry shortcake matching game. 
New clothes.
Jack
 
Jack loved his trash packs. 
He was so excited about his CD player and new CD's. 
He also got new clothes
an erector set. 
Dino books. 
He also loves his dream lite which mom was not excited about but is actually a cool present~
Lilly might need one.
Lilly was everywhere! 
She wanted to finish off Santa's egg nog 
and then herself tried every different flavor of wrapping paper. 
She got an elephant ball popper, 
a new Tangerine monkey 
new bath toys
and a turtle slide n go along with clothes and books.
Maddy LOVES her clothes 
and loves all the American Girl doll books
She got a mini Marie Cece doll and thinks she is beautiful. 
She also got squinkees and lala loopsy.
All the kids got new hats.
Lilly woke up early and was ready for a nap by the time presents were over. She woke up just when G&G L came over with MORE gifts and love.

After a quick clean up we ran to Great Grandpa' P's for Eggs Golden Rod for breakfast. I'm not sure if all the cousins are invited or if we are just special and go every year. As usual it was delicious. We came home and then re-grouped for heading to Lehi to celebrate more Christmas with the Loveridge family. 

We ate like kings again and the kids played and watched a Christmas movie.
It was hard to believe how fast the fun day went. 
It was magical! Everyone was happy and we had a great Christmas.
I always miss the boat on remembering to bring Christ into Christmas but this year my kids helped me remember. It's amazing their spirits. I hope they continue to be contagious!


3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Looks like a great Christmas morning. Lexi's hair looks so cute. Did she sleep in curlers because those curls do not look slept on and I hope you didn't make her get curling ironed before going down for presents. Also, Chloe and Alex got dreamlites and Alex's is Packers so it projects a Packers logo and stars. So cool that I may move it to my room.

Ann Marie said...

We open one present at a time also.
I love it! It makes the whole experience last longer too.. :)

Julie L said...

I get into trouble when you post more than one blog on the same day, because I never see the additional blogs. Thanks for the alert. I wondered if you just skipped past Christmas, hahahaha. Loved spending a minute with you in the morning and again at dinner. We continue to count our blessings that you are back in the area, and I continue to pinch myself to make sure I'm not just dreaming it. Now we just need to get Sean's family and Dan back into local territory, right?