Back up. Penny & I met our freshman year at UVSC. We were in the same ward and Biology class. Her first Biology class that is, I think she failed it 3x. She is a hoot and so full of energy and enthusiasm and laughter and such a great friend and is the party animal. The next year, I moved to another apartment complex and my new roomie was Amber. Amber and I graduated at dear old Davis High School together, it's not that we weren't friends we just weren't in high school. We became instant friends. We had a great group of roomies that went to BYU , some we've reconnected with on FB. We had a great year at the Riv. We learned a lot about dumb guys because we both dated several! Penny visited us lots because her brother Pete lived in our ward.
Our 3rd year at UVSC, Amber & I moved over to Snot-a-berry aka Branbury and the 3 of us were roomies. We had another roomie named Ashley. Life was a party with Amber & Penny, its a wonder that we all passed school. Amber and Brad met that year, Mike and I met that year and Penny and her missionary Aaron were writing letters and ended up getting married the following year. Shortly after we were all married, Amber & Brad moved to Montana where Brad was from and Mike and I moved to Boise for work. But we all saw each other on Holidays when we'd come to town to visit family.
We've been back to Utah 3 years ago this month, Amber & Brad moved back 2 years ago when she found out she was pregnant with twins. Penny & Amber both live in Farmington and we are lucky if we see each other once a year. Go figure we saw each other more when we lived in different states!
Finally, last weekend we got together.
This is our crew today.
15 years later look at all the kids!
10 total.
Here are their ages. 8, 6, 6, 6, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 0
Maybe they can one day be roomies too!
Amber, Penny, Makinzee
Penny is always making us laugh. Here we all are getting a little action from Penny.
It was the best living with these 3.
Love these 3. We are going to try and get together more than once in 2 years, wish us luck!
4 comments:
I totally missed out on the "moving away to college" experience- sounds like fun!
I used to clean the Branbury apartments sometimes when I was in highschool to make extra $ for dances. Hope you didn't live in one of the ones that failed! Ha ha.
Cute girls! How fun to get together! Love having great "forever" friends! Yay for UVSC!! :)
I haven't seen any of my college friends or roommates for a decade now but the roommate years were a lot of fun. Most of the time. We all got some wacko roommates, right? How fun that you have maintained these friendships.
What a great treat to stay in touch. I am impressed with the little ones. I haven't seen one of my roommates since before Sean was born. Makes me wonder ... are any of them even in Utah still?
Post a Comment