Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cub Fans

Cubs First game was last week, Jack did great on the machine pitch, scored the first run and got a single the next up to bat. After 3 innings, a kid pitches. Yikes, they are only 6 and 7 afterall. They were wild pitches and had Jack just stood there he would have been walked, instead he swung three times and struck out. He hit one as a foul, I asked him how he was after because in tball you hit til you get On base, not the case with this league, he said he didn't know fouls we're strikes. Lots to learn!

2nd game was lots better. Cubs beat the A's. He esp loves the treat tickets after the game to go to the snack-bar and get anything you want. He enjoyed a hotdog and sprite after the game!

Lilly not so much loved the game,she did the first hour, games are 90 min. Yikes and they're in peewee league.

Game Rained out last night, maybe a game tomorrow.

I get so nervous for him when he gets up to bat. Silly, I know, I say silent prayers and tell him he can do it and he always does so great. What am I so nervous about, I'm just a worrier I guess! I'm always wanting my kid to succeed at anything.

2 comments:

Julie L said...

He's the cutest baseball player ever! Don't tell him I said that, though, because I know being cute doesn't sound very manly. But he is so so cute!

Seth and Julie said...

Oh, Phew! I thought you were really real life Cubs fans and we can't have that. I don't think I will ever have a baseball playing kiddo which is kind of a bummer because it is kind of a childhood rite of passage, and look how cute and all American he looks in that uniform. I am the only one who never played in my family and I guess I passed it on to my kids. Crazy that they are already pitching! That could be interesting.