Thursday, April 4, 2013

More Hunts

Easter Eve, aka Saturday morning, we woke the kids up to rush over to Smith's grocery store for a candy hunt. We barely made it in time as we walked in they blew the whistle. Lexi immediately started gathering. I shewed Maddy and Jack off to another section of the store only to have Maddy come back in tears because it was the wrong age group. We let her gather candy with the 3-5 year olds! No one complained, Smith's had a poor turn out but we loved every minute of it and all 3 kids walked away with a basket full of candy.

We left Smith's and talked about going to more egg hunts that the city's put on but decided we had enough candy and didn't want to fight the crowds. Mike also got volunteered to shovel extra compost that Emily Saddler graciously offered to anyone that wanted it. It definitely wasn't on his to do list but it got done and my yard looks fabulous. My tulips and daffodils are in bloom. I love it. My poor bushes in the back, did not survive the winter. It was the coldest winter Utah has had in over 12 years.


I had a busy morning to prep for Lilly's birthday lunch and then another egg hunt with the Loveridge cousins.

We had a birthday bash for Lilly, for pictures go here.

All things considered the party was a hit and the egg hunt finally happened. Cute Kamryn tried so hard not to look out the window when Grandma and Grandpa were hiding the eggs. During the hunt, she got one whole side of the yard to herself. She was one happy girl!
Actually all the kids had a basket full of eggs and then each got a beautiful colored egg to turn into Grandma for a special prize: chocolate bunny, peeps and a stuffed animal or an art project. Jack really wanted a stuff animal. I don't get his facination with stuffed friends.
Eric is holding the speical egg to turn into Grandma, i think he was secretly hoping it had something in it to eat! He is the youngest of the gather-ers and each of his cousins helped him add to his basket.

Lexi loved the hunt! She has figured out hunting eggs! Keep in mind this is her 2nd basket of the day completely filled with candy! I think we have more candy at Easter than we get at Halloween!

Maddy searched for all the high eggs except most fell off the trees because the wind picked up. But she still had a great time and helped anyone who needed help.
Just before dinner time we finally had a minute to color eggs. Each kid gets a dozen eggs to color, Honestly they could each color 5 dozen. They all love to create so much, Lexi is still a little impatient and her hands were beautifully colored from the die.

Mom made a striped egg and Jack wanted to learn the trade. He did several beautiful striped eggs.


Maddy is quite the perfectionist. She was on egg # 3 when Lexi and Jack were finished. But hers were just as tasty as the others.

Lilly was interested in her gifts that she opened earlier but didn't get to play with. She walked herself over to the pile and played! Yep, I said walked on her birthday she decided it was time to walk.
After coloring eggs, Mike went back to shoveling compost. I needed to get my last hour of exercise in for the March Madness challenge. 2 weeks left, I've almost lost my go at it! But I'm 1of 3 tied for first, we'll see if I make it. The kids played and then got to ride on a Polaris Razor, they claimed it was their favorite and want Grampa to get one! Mike said it was fun, thanks Drew for taking them on a spin.

It was dark and late and the kids needed baths and to get to bed so Mr E Bunny could come. We survived a day of hunts, Lilly's birthday and Saturday! Pictures of Easter's Best Dressed to come!

2 comments:

Julie L said...

It was a fun day! Thanks for letting us be a part of it. I didn't realize how disappointed Eric was, though. That makes me sad. I'll have to remember next time we do special eggs, that they really need a piece of chocolate inside, too! The colored eggs are beautiful! I miss doing that sometimes. (But mostly I don't.)

Unknown said...

I love all the fun Easter activities available for kids. It sure make me want to have grandchildren to be able to take them to the fun stuff!!!