Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Performances

Madison was selected to perform a towns persons part at the 2nd grade Stone Soup performance. She auditioned and was delighted to act on stage. Maybe this girl doesn't have fear in her after all. I sure would have never asked to have a speaking part!

She worked and memorized her lines for weeks.

When we arrived she was on stage acting grumpy! Because the towns people were hungry.
 Greg, Madison, Ava

 3 travelers came to town ask for food and then had the idea to make soup from a stone. Stone Soup? All the towns people were excited to learn what soup from a stone was. Throughout the play they all added ingredients to the pot and eventually enjoyed Stone Soup. YUM
It's a darling play, darling book and had lots of darling kids in it.
Maddy did a darling job also.
Way to go Maddy!
 
 
Maddy and Jack also performed in the Choir at school.
They rose early and had to be at school for choir practice at 7:30am every Friday for 2-3 months. It was very early but I only had a grumbler one day (the day after his first baseball game which was very late).
The theme was Disney Spectacular. They sang dozens of songs from Disney.
The dress code was a Disney shirt. Pretty casual!
 I'm not sure the number of students in the choir but the stage was full 4 rows top to bottom. Some of the songs had dances included in it. It was about 20 minutes long.

 Madison was chosen to hold up a sign while they sung the song.


 
It was very catchy and fun and made me super excited for our upcoming trip in May to Disney. We still are not sure on the details of our trip but the kids are earning money to get to Disneyland. I am just as excited as they are!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the book Stone Soup. When my kids were in school they use to have a recipe for stone soup that we made for dinner. Crazy!

Julie L said...

Maddy did a great job in Stone Soup. I do remember her very shy attempts at doing anything in Primary just a few years ago. She's becoming a brave little trooper!

Sorry we had to miss the concert. Looks like it was fun, too. What a great opportunity for both of them to add to their music skills.

Seth and Julie said...

Stone Soup is such a cute book and she is totally selling that grumpy face. Looks like you have a little performer on your hands. Our spring concert is tomorrow and it is so long every year. I tried to talk the kids in to skipping this year but it is Alyssa's last year and she is the understudy for one of the speaking parts. I am stunned that after 6 years she finally auditioned to speak. She didn't get the part but the kid who did has been absent all week so who knows.