We walked in and everyone's hearts sank, construction is now at the front of the zoo. The train and the park is no longer there! Lexi talked about the train being gone for days following our trip to the zoo, I guess that is one of her favorite parts! I know its to improve the zoo but it's a bummer to see so much missing. We wondered where the animals were since their home was now a construction zone. Hopefully some place warm!
So the first thing to see is pretty much the elephant and monkeys. We did a group shot of our crew. Doesn't Mack look thrilled to be with us.
And then we saw the Monkeys. We had lots of monkeys in our group, do you like the photo bomber in the background. His mom was very embarrassed, but he really wanted his turn to sit on King Kong!
Jen's Mom has an awesome pass that lets up to 15 ride the carousel. Since the zoo wasn't very busy we rode and rode and rode the carousel. It's outrageous the price they have on the carousel esp since the train is missing. We would have spent over $60 just to ride the carousel as many times as we did with our big group!
Oh well, the price may have been worth it! Just look at all these smiles.
Even Lilly loved it.
She loved it a little too much, this is her taking a lick at the pole!
We saw the rest of the animals and then parted ways. The Wakley's went to the gift shop and we headed to Toys R Us to spend the kids money. Lexi had lots of birthday money, she bought lots of bubbles a bubble blower, sand toys a coloring book. Jack bought a balloon kit like a clown learns to make (he wants to make balloon animal)s and Maddy bought a jump rope and hula-hoop! We headed home and were worn out!
Fun day at the Zoo!
3 comments:
The picture of you and Lilly on the carousel is a super favorite! Her licking the bar just goes to show she's related to Lexi - or Lexi's been teaching her tricks! What is it with that taste????? It looks like everyone had a great time! I really miss the zoo. I wonder how long before the newest zone is finished and if they'll bring back a train. I mean, really seriously, what's a zoo without a train???? And spider webs, and a prairie dog tunnel thing????? What they replace it with had better be super awesome, is all I can say.
I am also SO ready to put away coats but it is snowing here today. Blah! I am glad you didn't let it stop you from enjoying a day at the zoo. And Boo for taking the train out. I hope they are putting a better one in its place or something cool.
Brrr, it does look cold. I love Macs face in these pictures. I am impressed that you still went to the zoo, in spite of the weather. What a good mom!
Post a Comment