Monday, June 10, 2013

Material Girl

Maddy, Alli and Makenna took Tumbling this year.

It was once a week, an hour, and I had 2 buddy's to carpool with. I'm glad to not be in competition dance, which is more money, more time and more work!

Once a year they do a tumbling revue to show off their skills. Everyone gets to wear this cute uniforms. Ha! at least next year I don't have to buy one!
This girl is gorgeous! She is getting so grown up.
I have recently ran into some of my mom's cousins (Skip and Lisa) and they both commented how much I look like Brooke (my mom) and how Maddy looks just like me when I was that age.
I don't see it in person, although in pictures I can see the resemblance.
I think I was kind of ugly growing up, BUT I think Madison is beautiful.
The girls tumbled to Material Girl. Maddy asked how I knew that song, she thought it was new. I laughed and told her it was an oldy!
They mix a little jazz in the routine but for the most part it's tumbling.




Mike was in charge of taking pictures and half way through the routine, I realized I was in charge of taking a video. Lilly, Lexi and Jack were monkeys and the video is so far away it's hard to see. But it's cute to see.
 
Alli, Makenna, Maddy



I'm torn on what to put Maddy in next year. For the past 3 years, we have switched from Jazz to Ballet to Tumbling. Alli really loves tumbling, Makenna's mom wants her to do something more dance related. Maddy wants to do both! She has the body more for tumbling than ballet. We are doing summer tumbling and still trying to decide what to do next fall!

Maddy is constantly doing somersaults, handstands and cartwheels. She can do a back walk over and hopefully can learn a back handspring this summer. She has run into the wall, Lilly and my shutters and always forget she shouldn't be tumbling in the house! LOL.

2 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I love the idea of trying different things and seeing what she likes without having to get too intense with any of them. If at some point her heart pushes her strongly to one thing she will tell you. She really is a beauty and I am sure you have never been ugly a day in your life. Now that you look at your little twinner daughter I hope you realize that. It is just so hard to see it in yourself.

Julie L said...

Maddy is gorgeous, just like her mom! I felt bad we missed out on all the year end things, so thanks for taking photos and posting. Looks like they had a great time with the tumbling class! Maddy has great power as she's learning to own her body. I love it!