Monday, June 10, 2013

New Job

Mike has been bored at work. There had been a lot of changes with co-workers and when Brad left and then Tim, Mike decided to start looking also. He had several interviews and even an offer to work with former co-workers. I wasn't comfortable leaving a steady paycheck.

We went on vacation and he had several more interviews. When we returned home, he was offered a new job at Opengear. After a weekend of fasting and praying and a 2nd offer from the company, Mike (and I) felt the move was the best for him. He is very excited! He said it felt almost like Christmas Eve last night. One of the best part of his new job is that it is up the street, about 9000 S and 700 W. It's about a 10 minute commute (if that). We feel so blessed. In the mix, it was hard to say goodbye to a job that has been so well for us despite being in Utah County. OneGreatFamily fell into our laps and has blessed our family for 2 1/2 years. He enjoyed his job, his resume has grown a lot, he meet a lot of great co-workers and in the end it was a hard move to make esp when he had to send his resignation letter via email to his boss who was in Puerto Vallarta on vacation.

Today was his first day at OpenGear. I can't wait to hear how it went! Especially because I have no idea what OpenGear is or does.

4 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Congrats! He has been blessed to find new jobs pretty easily these past few years. I was going to ask what OpenGear was but since you answered that, I won't. I hope it is a good fit.

Julie L said...

I can't wait to hear, as well. Hope it turns out to be a great fit for him. Glad to have him working so much closer to home - one less person to worry (quite as much about) on those icy cold snowy days that are just beyond this heat.

Unknown said...

Wow!! I had no idea! How exciting to have him working close and less gas money. :)

Unknown said...

COngrats on the new job!