Saturday, April 26, 2014

Allergies

I have an appreciation for the back of labels that tell you if the food you are eating may contain milk, wheat, soy, peanuts or tree nuts. I have counted on those labels in helping me make my baby safe the last year.


It is recommended to have allergy testing done yearly. Last year, Dr. Taylor told me that there was a small percentage that Lilly would grow out of her allergies especially because her blood work came back negative (her skin test were positive for eggs, tree nuts and peanuts).

We had our yearly visit last week and her skin tests came back negative!! We are waiting on blood work to see if her allergies are gone. The crazy thing is why has she had outbreaks from eating certain things. I am still worried about giving her peanuts/tree nuts--she is fine with eggs. Dr Taylor said we could do an in office peanut and tree nut taste and watch her for 3-4 hours to see her reaction to foods. BUT the hard part, at 2 she will not be able to talk and tell us if her throat is itchy.

So for right now, we are so glad that her allergies may be over! It is scary, just Sunday at church one of my nursery kids had a reaction to some Easter candy. Life threatening, I'm so glad that Lilly has outgrown it.

Just got a call from the nurse and her blood work came back negative! They want to schedule an in office peanut and treenut test. I'm ready but still worried, what's the cause of her outbreaks?  

2 comments:

Cam said...

I hope the additional testing goes well. Peanut butter is delicious- I hope Lilly can enjoy it soon! Yay.

Julie L said...

Great news on the blood work! I, too, am really hoping she grows out of the allergies and we can pamper her with all the PB and Jam she can stand!